Notices

I've got the same issue as pwsn - using a gameboy colour rom, downloaded from coolrom.

Hmm, that's no good, what OS/model are you running. Also, do either of you know your way around the command line? That would be the best way to figure this out.

Are you guys trying to run a .zip rom? If so, that won't work. You'll need to run the extracted file.

running os2008 on n800. roms work fine as tested on pc.

dont know much about linux command lines, but what u want me to learn to help?

Well basically you just need to run two commands:

1. sdlgnuboy

It should print out some usage information.

2. sdlgnuboy --source /etc/gnuboy.rc --scale=1 /path/to/rom

The main thing here is for you to get the path to your rom correct. By running these from the command line we can see any error messages.

It's possible the problem is because of os2008, I'm running 2007, but as far as I can tell it shouldn't depend on anything that isn't in both.

Aha, I think I may have it, do you have special characters or spaces in the ROM name? I renamed all mine to simple short words while testing. Try renaming yours to just alphanumeric characters. I'll have a fiddle with PyBoy to see where the problem is.

[Edit] Heres a new version, I've fixed up PyBoy to deal with filenames with spaces, also got rid of that annoying crash when you try and select a different file. Here it is:
http://chaoticbob.nfshost.com/maemo/...14-1_armel.deb[/edit]

Last edited by ChaoticBob; 2008-01-21 at 05:01.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ChaoticBob For This Useful Post:
filenames were all characters.

w/e u did in the new version fixed it. thx

I fixed the filenames and it works great! Way better than VBA. Any chance in a blue moon of you doing a GBA emu? Cause this one kicks ***.

had this problem as well, tried taking the spaces out and it works perfectly, was going to come back here and post the solution but i see im too late

Originally Posted by pwsn View Post
running os2008 on n800. roms work fine as tested on pc.

dont know much about linux command lines, but what u want me to learn to help?
i cannot get it to run on os2008, i installed the latest one but when i run it nothing happens, needed python 2.5 installed done and working thanks

Last edited by keypox; 2008-01-22 at 22:31.