Active Topics

Poll: How does the present and future of tablets look for you?
Poll Options
How does the present and future of tablets look for you?

Posts: 835 | Thanked: 772 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
Or how about, I don't own any and am undecided between the N800 and N810, and want to see what happens to the prices before I choose one?
second this, too bad I voted

Posts: 223 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ home
I'm watching the prices, but unless the n810 drops drastically.....

I just don't have the cash to pay $500 on a device, even if I'm planing on doing some dev work for it

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Or, "I own both a 770 and an N800 and wont be buying the N810 because it's not actually an upgrade over the N800." :P

Banned | Posts: 138 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jun 2007
Originally Posted by fpp View Post
Pretty obvious... I'll check "I have a 770 and will buy a cheap N800 to run OS2008". Where is it ? :-)
sorry its not there, if i could add it i would, but I can't see how to edit poll. just select option 3 in this case.

Posts: 428 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Washington DC
"I own a 770 and might consider the n810"

Nokia:

I Will Not Buy Your New Tablet Because You Want Another $130 For The Mapping Software. Absolutely A Slap In The Face To Pay $610 For A Tablet. Give Us The Software For Free, Or Lower The Price Of The Tablet!!

Originally Posted by fpp View Post
Pretty obvious... I'll check "I have a 770 and will buy a cheap N800 to run OS2008". Where is it ? :-)
+1 to above.

Posts: 18 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Eindhoven, Netherlands
Own N800, will definatly not buy N810. Even if I didn't have a N800 already, I wouldn't buy it as I never use GPS (and a bluetooth GPS is only $50) and the price differnce is to much, considering a bluetooth keyboard is only $80 (wich IMO is more usefull too!).

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Originally Posted by Garage Battle View Post
Nokia:

I Will Not Buy Your New Tablet Because You Want Another $130 For The Mapping Software. Absolutely A Slap In The Face To Pay $610 For A Tablet. Give Us The Software For Free, Or Lower The Price Of The Tablet!!
Typing in all caps does nothing but make sure your opinion is ignored.

By the way, the mapping software is free.. routing and voice are not. Don't like it? Don't buy it. Keep using Maemo Mapper. It's not like the N810 is even meant as an upgrade anyways, but a way to bring the tablets to the mainstream.

I'm seriously sick of all your negativity. It's clear that you expected miracles and to have your quad core CPU on the go for nothing. If you hate your purchase so much, just go away and stop trying to bring the rest of us down.

Sorry everyone... it had to be said.

Posts: 223 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ home
Originally Posted by zerojay View Post
Typing in all caps does nothing but make sure your opinion is ignored.

By the way, the mapping software is free.. routing and voice are not. Don't like it? Don't buy it. Keep using Maemo Mapper. It's not like the N810 is even meant as an upgrade anyways, but a way to bring the tablets to the mainstream.

I'm seriously sick of all your negativity. It's clear that you expected miracles and to have your quad core CPU on the go for nothing. If you hate your purchase so much, just go away and stop trying to bring the rest of us down.

Sorry everyone... it had to be said.
What are you talking about Zero? I'd be willing to pay at least $50 for a quad-core tablet... I'm not cheap you know.....