Posts: 479 | Thanked: 641 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Switzerland
While there may be a bug in OS2008, the routers/Access Points should not crash due to some malformed packets...so I think that a bug may exist on both sides

Maybe the AP has problems when a lot of malformed packets are streamed through it?

But as another data point for this matter, I still don't have any issues with any of my APs (both linksys), nor the ones from my workplace (lots of different Cisco APs)

I agree with you guys, the router shouldn't crash like it does. Even taking that into consideration though I have windows pc's connected, a macbook, an appleTV and an iPod Touch (I now lots of apple gear...) but nothing causes this problem except for the Nokia N800. So from my perspective the Nokia isn't playing nice, which causes the Apple router to shutdown the playground for everyone.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
My cheapo Dlink and Linksys routers have never had any problems with anything the N800 does.

Since no one has determined what is causing the crash, talking about a lot of malformed packets or other cause is pretty misleading.

All we can agree on is that your router apparently freaks out when you use the N800.

Are there a lot of devices that crash routers? Let's say I wanted to shut down a wireless router at Starbucks -- are there actually known devices that would do it?

Posts: 238 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on May 2006 @ New Mexico, USA
Yeah... I'm an Apple fanboi too and I use the the Airport Extreme as well. Have never had any problems though. I use WPA on channel 5 or 6 (can't remember which) and has worked as expected. Read somewhere that using channels 5 or 6 worked better than the default channel 3 and set up Airport that way... seems to be working fine.

Happy Holidays!

Omega