Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by geneven View Post
Me, too! Now, if somone would just make a version of unzip that would work on 2008. I was stunned when I went to run it last night and there was no such program...
You could install zlib-bin, which has miniunzip.

Thanks for the info on the Gnumeric update.

As for unzip, I'd also love a commandline version.

(Well, preferably, I'd like a GUI for both unrar and unzip that works in OS2008, but a working commandline unzip for OS2008 would be great too.)

Posts: 696 | Thanked: 1,012 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Asturies, Spain
I built the packages for unzip. It's in its project page: https://garage.maemo.org/frs/?group_id=91 and uploaded to extras-devel repository.

But, not filemanager support for OS2008 yet.

Cheers.

The Following User Says Thank You to yerga For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by yerga View Post
I built the packages for unzip. It's in its project page: https://garage.maemo.org/frs/?group_id=91 and uploaded to extras-devel repository.

But, not filemanager support for OS2008 yet.

Cheers.
Thanks! garage wasn't available a few hours ago (so i build unzip already in scratchbox)... but I knew that there was already a project for unzip...

Posts: 85 | Thanked: 79 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Erfurt, Germany
Just to keep you updated: Gnumeric seems to work well here, i will upload the packages in a few hours. I just want to improve the debian packaging a little bit.

(The port itself is far from being perfect, but it is usable so far. (Some dialogs look ugly, as far as i remember it was the same with the Gnumeric port for OS2007, so nothing has been changed in this area.))

The Following User Says Thank You to Chelli For This Useful Post:
Posts: 85 | Thanked: 79 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Erfurt, Germany
Ok, i think that the OS2008 Gnumeric port is now ready for a first release, you can get the packages by adding the following catalogue to you application manager (sorry, no .install-file available yet):

Address: http://people.debian.org/~tschmidt/maemo/chinook
Distribution: /
Components:

Afterwards, the gnumeric package should be available in your application manager.

Known "Problems" so far:

* Switching to Fullscreen with the hardware-button does not work, except if you have connected a keyboard (yes, i know, this is stupid and i am looking for an easy way to fix this issue)
* No icon for the task switcher yet

Have fun with the package, if no serious bugs appear, i will try to upload it to extras-devel soon.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chelli For This Useful Post:
Posts: 415 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Austin, Texas
Chelli, thanks for this important update. Gnumeric is a 'must have' for my N810. I came to rely on in with my N800 for taking inventory and have waited eagerly for the os08 release.

However...sadly, though I was able to add your repository and can see the app in the list, I get

"Unable to install. Software contains updates to packages installed from a different source and is like to harm the system Contact software author"

I actually did this twice, once in red pill then once in blue pill mode.

Any advice you can provide is appreciated. Likewise, I am a willing if note sophisticated tester and will provide feedback if needed/requested.

Posts: 229 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Sacramento, California
Whoops, count me in too as a getting the same error message. I do agree that Gnumeric is one of the most important programs for the NIT.

Thanks in advance Chelli

I got the same message, but if you press 'OK' and then 'Details' it will give you a list of libraries that are missing or need to be upgraded before Gnumeric can be installed.

I went and found them one at a time and got them installed.

I did have some problems upgrading libglade2-0. I had to do it from the command line in Xterminal.

After gaining root I typed: apt-get install libglade2-0

That did the trick.

Gnumeric installed fine and is running well.

Thanks Chelli!

The Following User Says Thank You to rfjockey For This Useful Post:
yeah, a bit clunky, but it worked for me!

Thanks for the greatness.

dcarter