Active Topics

Cheers OxfordJohn,

Exactly what I was looking for.

Spann

Glad you like the site!

Kronalias of the Beebotron

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kronalias For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Lol, were you getting quite a few referrers from this site?

Lol yourself! Nope, but I can see where you're coming from!

I had an email from Google Alerts, which usually tells me that it's found something about the Beebotron after a few days. This time it was within a couple of hours of the post, so I thought I'd respond.

I didn't know about this site, but it seems pretty good and I think I'll lurk around it for a while!

Cheers, Kronalias

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
I mean no offence

Ahh, Google alerts seem quite useful, thanks for the pointer!

Whoa! No offence taken or meant, and if my post suggested that then I apologise humbly! (How do I put smilies in these posts...)

You got me thinking - I might just log referral sites just for interest - currently I keep a rolling log of the IPs of the last few hundred hits (which means the last week or so) and then run a script on the log occasionally just to see which countries my 'clients' are coming from. The Beebotron has been running for just over a year, and I expected most hits to come from the ex-pat areas. Not so! I get about half from the UK and the rest from pretty much all over the globe. As I don't really promote the site it would be interesting to me to know how people find out about it!

All the best, Kronalias

Last edited by Kronalias; 2008-01-26 at 20:51.

When I said lol, I meant as more of an surprise thing and I thought you took it the wrong way with "lol yourself" .
Anyway you have nothing to be sorry about, it was my misinterpretation

Thanks again for the great site. I guess BBC Radio 1 is most popular in the UK but I guess with people hearing about world service, it gets more popular abroad.

I'd never heard about it before, but I am glad I did, it works nicely on my N800.

Regards,
qwerty

Last edited by qwerty12; 2008-01-26 at 22:34.

Hey Kronalias,

I do indeed like the website! Have it book-marked and use it regularly now, primarily to access listen again links to Radio One shows. The fact that the BBC iPlayer does not provide stand-alone links for these shows really scuppers play-back from the iPlayer on the N800.

Cheers,
Spann

I also use beebotron, practically every single day. Excellent stuff!!

OxfordJohn - thanks. Exactly what I was looking for since I had the same issue with iPlayer for R2. A great help.