hi all.

I have encountered the same problem here as well - unable to connect to one or more accounts. I dun understand how to fix it, neither do i know what it really means here.

please kindly advice.

many thanks

usually it is with a linksys routerthat i have issues with

Posts: 425 | Thanked: 132 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ California
Hmmm I've had fairly similar issues that JUST cropped up. I can usually connect to most open networks and I've never had any problems until yesterday when sitting in a coffee shop. There were five open networks in the area generated by various restaurants and my N810 was unable to connect to any of them. Just the generic (and now hated) "Unable to Connect" message.

On an almost unrelated note I still can't get my N810 to connect to my home network

Warning: dates on calendar are closer than they appear.

hi all,

Thx for ur replies. However, my issue here is that the message only pops up whenever i try to make an internet call. It also displays 'network error'. The weird part was that i was clearly connected n i could surf the net without any problem.... So i figure the 'network error' must be due to 'unable to connect to one or more accounts' problem, about which i dun have a clue...

If anyone out there has encountered a similar problem before, pls enlighten me on this.

Many thanks.

I have the same problem when i'm in school using the wifi from there. It is unlocked or unsecured, and I get full bar while in classroom and I seem to be able to connect to it, however when I try to surf the internet I get a message saying it refuses to contact google.com/live.com or any websites. Also my googletalk icon blinks on and off...so i'm assuming my n810 isn't getting internet from it. However, I read about some possible mac filter on unsecured wifi but other student's ipod touch and iphone and sidekicks are able to connect to same server and surf the internet. Anybody know any settings that need to be off or on? Also, this happens with another wifi location near my school...so I'm not sure if it's my n810 or them. Suggestion please

Originally Posted by Icerize View Post
I have the same problem when i'm in school using the wifi from there. It is unlocked or unsecured, and I get full bar while in classroom and I seem to be able to connect to it, however when I try to surf the internet I get a message saying it refuses to contact google.com/live.com or any websites. Also my googletalk icon blinks on and off...so i'm assuming my n810 isn't getting internet from it. However, I read about some possible mac filter on unsecured wifi but other student's ipod touch and iphone and sidekicks are able to connect to same server and surf the internet. Anybody know any settings that need to be off or on? Also, this happens with another wifi location near my school...so I'm not sure if it's my n810 or them. Suggestion please
it can't hurt to try this = check your connection setup:advanced settings do you need to use a proxy? i

if your proxy settings are aok (either input or not used)
try changing your DNS settings (try using OpenDNS)

i would also change the WLAN Power Saving to On (maximum) seems to work for me- if it is maximum then try intermediate or off

I tried putting the power setting to off...still didnt' work. and can you specify the DNS feature? Step by step if you have the time thank you

sorry about the late reply - i've been bz @ work and i've had some hardware (pc/and mac ) issues at home

1. to change dns settings: connections>edit>advanced>IPAddresses(tab) uncheck auto-retrieve DNS settings

opendns (opendns.com) (which some people find controversial because they insert their own search page on a 404) has
Primary DNS address: 208.67.222.222
Secondary DNS address:208.67.220.220

If that's not it- then they may be MAC address filtering and then you should get the permission of the AP so they can add your MAC address.

Ok thank you. I'll try that tomorrow at school again, but doesn't mac filter blocks out iphone and ipod touch out too?

Originally Posted by Icerize View Post
Ok thank you. I'll try that tomorrow at school again, but doesn't mac filter blocks out iphone and ipod touch out too?
yes MAC filtering would block ipnones etc