Active Topics

As far as I can remember Q1 will end on April 30th

Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ UK
12 / 4 = 3 months per quarter;

=> 31st March is end of Q1. 1st April is start of Q2.

That could very well be a seperate app. to be released after the OS is online. Of course, if the new OS adds alarm capacity, third party sofware will probably beat it to the line.

Originally Posted by ploum
Seems to be August : http://maemo.org/pipermail/maemo-dev...ch/003431.html
Is it just me or is Nokia running about 6-9 months behind in releases? I don't understand why you would launch something at the beginning or end of Q3 and call it this year's release. If you're releasing something that late then you should call it next year's release IMO.

Anyway I almost feel let down by Nokia because the device needs massive improvements in stability and memory usage. Whenever my wife loads CNN or People.com the device pretty much locks up at 100% cpu and then either has to have the battery pulled or it reboots itself.

Sorry for the rant, just frustrated.

Originally Posted by lightusr
Anyway I almost feel let down by Nokia because the device needs massive improvements in stability and memory usage. Whenever my wife loads CNN or People.com the device pretty much locks up at 100% cpu and then either has to have the battery pulled or it reboots itself.
What firmware are you running? I just loaded both pages with out having to pull the battery. CNN made me nervious, but it was good within 60 seconds. Both pages did spike the cpu, but they didnt' cause any problems besides that.

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Finland
loading CNN and People 95% OK by 770 in Finland. Some sluggishness in opening that abundance of graphical links in P. though. (root extended to mmc along with swap file on mmc)

I too have extended swap to mmc, but it did nothing for the occasional freezes.

My hunch is that it is not a memory problem, but a video one. The 770 video processor has trouble keeping up with a flood of graphics/flash in some web sites. I never have any trouble on sites with little graphics.

I hope the new release addressed this issue. It can be a real pain to have to reboot all the time.

Posts: 1,361 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I'm not forced into reboots while loading CNN (sometimes convulsions at the rightwing slant/exclusion of things like Bush's plan to bomb Al Jazeera offices) but it's slow. That page is a pig, look at how much data is being sent. Christ, I bet it was made in Frontpage.

The reboots aren't even consistent. Sometimes they happen after a bunch of other page loads or immediately. I chose not to put swap on my 1gb mmc because I didn't want to put excess wear on it and you shouldn't have to in the first place.