Active Topics

Notices

Hi josiahg777!

Wow thank you for that fast and outstanding response. That was what I wanted to know.

It seems that for some reason Nokia isnt really interested in supporting the NIT in all cases. Im a bit dissappointet.

I had ran the KDE of penguinbait a while ago until my N800 crashed. Is it possible tu run such a JAVA Program under this platform?

P.S. please excuse my bad spelling... german... ;-)

greetings

Tybalt

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Well, i had a go at compiling the 3 year old trunk and it runs except it wants to use xserver fonts that don't exist. i aint hot on them so I wont bother trying to find out the font name and changing it in the source, especially if ukki has working one.

Posts: 425 | Thanked: 132 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ California
Java, no I don't believe so, as Penguinbait's KDE is essentially a replacement window manager, and therefore is subject to the exact same Java issues as the stock Matchbox WM

However, the KDE based risk clone I pointed to *might* run under the KDE version on the tablets if re-compiled correctly.

I'm by no means an expert in compiling for the tablets, but It might work (especially if we used an older build targeted towards KDE 3.5.x, the current release is targeted towards KDE 4.1)

Warning: dates on calendar are closer than they appear.

Last edited by josiahg777; 2008-06-22 at 17:43.

Here's a version of XFrisk. I'm not at all sure it's very playable, but please report if it is.

Changes made:

Added startup script that launches server and connects 3 ai players to it
Forced fullscreen mode to get more space
Bundled xvkbd with the game, should launch automatically on start with n800

Known problems:

Missing 2nd and 3rd mouse buttons
Sometimes crashes when registering players
Map doesn't fit the screen completely, but all countries are accessible. Tried making it smaller but it would require a lot of repositioning
Dialogs are bit weird
Looks pretty ugly

XFrisk

Last edited by ukki; 2008-06-26 at 21:17.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ukki For This Useful Post:
So, I finally noticed that last month there was an update to this thread. I installed it, and tried to play, and first thing I noticed was unfortunately, not all countries are usable like you mentioned. The bottom two in Australia aren't accessible.

Even more importantly though, is that it just doesn't work (at least in Diablo). The first game I got to place armies on territories at the beginning, and the computer player did as well, and then the computer player started its turn and nothing happened. I quit out of it and started again. First of all, this second time, when I hit the "add player" button it repeates the 3 types of bots in the "Species" section a second time. Then, after adding players and starting the game, nothing happens. It doesn't even randomly place territories this time like it did the last time.

Posts: 65 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Argentina
Hi, I looked for TEG and found it at http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...?group_id=2459, apparently it is open source. So, if someone can port it and send me the txt with all the dialogs I volunteer to translate. I might make some mistakes, as English is not my first language (Spanish is ), but it should be quite understandable.

Last edited by Valeria; 2008-07-30 at 04:23. Reason: grammar

Well, it's not quite real Risk, but one of the first things I tried with my N800 was Dicewars. Try here for fullscreen. It runs a little slow, but the AI is half-decent, and may be enough for a quick strategy fix.

Hmm... I tried compiling TEG but it depends on libgnomeui which we don't seem to have.

I took a look at trying to compile libgnomeui but it requires about 40 megs of space and depends on some other gnome libraries :/

Josiahg777 I know nothing about linux but would it be possible to compile TEG without libgnomeui?, is there any workaround?, I´m dying to have this game on my n800. Thanks

Not that I know of... I can look through the TEG page again, but i can't seem to find any really solid documentation on compiling options. I'll also try emailing the maintainer.

Hmmm there's also a java version of TEG called "JTEG" I'm going to try and see if I can run that