Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
Okay, then i won't contact them about it.
I should reiterate. Yes, contact them, all of the important stuff has been ported and is in Chinook Extras these days, so it's really no longer necessary to have Bora Extras around in the OS2008 section (Python was moved long ago).

I'm just being argumentative because it's almost 4 in the morning and I can't sleep.

The Following User Says Thank You to GeneralAntilles For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Sent.

[random gibberish to fit in the limit ]

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Maemo Bora repo was removed from OS2008 repo list.

I too have never ever had a problem like the OP described. I've flashed 1.5 times, first to upgrade to the Skype-compatible OS, then another where I flashed the kernel only, for the SD corruption fix. Never had to reflash because of an application problem. I install a lot of software, although not Canola or other media player stuff. I'm on OS2007 though.

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Originally Posted by TTgowings View Post
...don't these apps go through some sort of a QA process...
So, are you volunteering?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zerojay For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
See also http://www.maemopeople.org/index.php..._muliple_repos - some of the ideas contained therein (although I take no credit for them) are progressing under the misnamed maemo2midgard project on garage (autobuilder, promotion interface)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jaffa For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
I've installed things that I didn't even know what they were just to get an idea, and they didn't force me to reflash. We have been getting some wonderful apps that seem to me to be practically miraculous, such as Numpty Physics and the screen rotater, etc, so I think this is a funny thing to complain about.

Here is my complaint: Damn! This stuff is all free! Damn them, how dare they!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
Posts: 449 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ eastern north carolina usa
uhh half the fun of this is seeing what does what and how to fix it....i do sorta agree with there needs to be some sort of peer review but i understand that that is bad as well....so theres got to be a middle ground