Active Topics

Good to see that the average user won't be able to simply use his tablet under Diablo... And I do not speak of the canola2 thing only but all this python stuff. It is a shame !

The Following User Says Thank You to maillaxa For This Useful Post:
Posts: 373 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Ottawa, ON
Originally Posted by maillaxa View Post
Good to see that the average user won't be able to simply use his tablet under Diablo... And I do not speak of the canola2 thing only but all this python stuff. It is a shame !
Actually, the people having issues are people enabling development repositories to run bleeding edge software.

If you stick to the paved road, things are a lot smoother. If you go off-roading, things will get bumpy occasionally. The problem is many people don't read warning signs.

extras-devel is definitely *not* for average user consumption. However, cool things tend to start off in there and people are too impatient to wait for them to mature and be migrated to the regular extras repo.

It looks like there is very good progress on getting a more organized flow of packages from devel -> testing -> stable so hopefully users will become more familiar with what kind of risk they are willing to take.

The Following User Says Thank You to mwiktowy For This Useful Post:
Anyone know when beta10 is coming out. The last firmware patch didn't go well on my n810 and I upgraded to Diablo simply because I didn't have anything to lose. Canola seems to work ok but the UP&P and Youtube plugins prevent the app from loading if they are installed.

Hopefully 10 will be diablo compatible...

Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 642 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ California USA
I am using Diablo with Canola beta 10 right now. First I had to install the latest (as of today) Canola clean-up 0.1.8 Maemo3. With that installed, I removed all traces of Beta 9. Finally, I downloaded the beta 10 and all the plug-ins.

Thanks for the fast reply and great news!

Where is the beta10 install?

On their site I am just seeing the beta9.

Thanks very much!

Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 642 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ California USA
I did not get it at their site. On my N800 I just used the application manager and saw it listed under available applications, only after, of course, I deleted beta 9.

Must be on a respository I am not on...

Only seeing 9.