Notices

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Originally Posted by Addison View Post
I hope not to come across here like a boogerbutt on this, but that libvte .deb overwrote my old one which means that I'm back to having the invisible border around the screen.

Because I no longer can use the full 800x480 screen, I'm back to having some trouble with a few sites I visit.

Any chance you could post another .deb file to correct this part?
vte-0.12.2/src/vte-private.h
#define VTE_PAD_WIDTH 1

I believe it should read:
#define VTE_PAD_WIDTH 0
and
#define VTE_PAD_HEIGHT 0

No rush at all on this, but it would be nice to see this happen when you have the time.

Cheers buddy.

'ere you go! (colour + border fix)

http://qwerty12.maemobox.org/libvte4...0mh7_armel.deb

EDIT: First post updated, removed non working toolbar option from context menu. It can still be toggled through the title bar menu though like normal.

Last edited by qwerty12; 2008-09-01 at 07:33.

The Following User Says Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
Oh wow! For the first time today, I now have a perfectly working Xterm!

Without you, jott, and not to forget the help from fanoush, this screenshot would never have been possible.

A full 80x25 character screen with visible caves and dungeon walls!

Many thanks again qwerty!

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Added a new mod:

This is a quick gtk interface for entering passwords on the command line.
The patch/mod is by Erik Nygren

I updated the mod to be compatible with diablo's input method and the new osso-xterm.

diff of all changes to diablo's xterm: http://pastebin.com/f64c43915

Last edited by qwerty12; 2008-09-05 at 15:26.

good work! -- but for me, the options don't save, in a weird way.

It remembers whether the scrollbar visible is checked or not, but it will always start with scrollbar visible. (So I would have to toggle it twice to make it invisible again, on a restart.)

Posts: 1,101 | Thanked: 1,184 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Spain
Thanks, your patches and the disable hildon keyboard greatly enhance xterm

Updated. Added Alt key modifier with limitations. Source is there so if anyone is willing to fix terminal-widget.c to make the alt key on the toolbar behave properly...

@q335r49

Yes, I've noticed that too . I went hunting through the code to see what the other options do differently but I couldn't figure it out. Probably why the option was hidden...

Last edited by qwerty12; 2009-01-17 at 09:12. Reason: limitations, not modifications.

Posts: 2,152 | Thanked: 1,490 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by Addison View Post
Any chance you could post another .deb file to correct this part?
vte-0.12.2/src/vte-private.h
#define VTE_PAD_WIDTH 1

I believe it should read:
#define VTE_PAD_WIDTH 0
and
#define VTE_PAD_HEIGHT 0
only the WIDTH one is needed, for different x and y border you would need patch attached here https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=3618 but since you want both set to zero it is not needed.

If you really need to PM me with troubleshooting question please consider posting it to the forum instead. It is OK to PM me a link to such post then. Thank you.

Updated again. Added dnatase's transparent keyboard mod and an entry to the menu to disable the hildon keyboard for N800. Graphics for the transparent keyboard are automatically installed with the correct permissions.

I forgot to enable maemo-launcher support previously, this build has it.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,648 | Thanked: 2,122 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ UNKLE's Never Never Land
Thanks, quite useful mods.

btw, I had to re-install color-ls in order to get again the colors.

Would it be possible to map a double click on the dpad to Tab? That would considerably reduce the times I have to take my hands off the keyboard.