Active Topics

Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
My card has been charged, immediately 8-0

Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
Originally Posted by Benson View Post
Probably blame that on engadget....

Their peripheral prices (at least for SDs) are a rip-off, though. They seem to be selling Class 2 cards for Class 4 (or, with waiting and watching, Class 6) prices.
Those prices are really not that outrageous, compared to current retail prices in Belgium, but I'm good on cards ATM (might buy a few on my next visit to Thailand, I got some nice deals there last time). I thought the tv-out cable was a bit steep, so I bailed on that one. I'm going to see if my Archos tv cable might work; at least it looks the same.

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
hmm, that news update was not present when i checked the page moments ago. go fig...

bah, tempted. oh so tempted!

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by Karel Jansens View Post
Charge now, ship end november. That's the deal, I'm afraid. Next batch is next year...
Right, then. I guess I'll be out until then. Crap. :P heh
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Anyone know approx. what time next year?

(I could search, but I'm too lazy, and Karel loves to talk about any and all things Pandora, so it's a win-win.)

Posts: 2,152 | Thanked: 1,490 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by debernardis View Post
Can be preordered directly from www.openpandora.org. No need waiting for the email.
The 'Germany' link goes to http://www.gp2x.de which sells to other countries too. One can pay by PayPal, hopefully the charger will have euro plug and for me that was also a bit cheaper (shipping to CZ). Maybe it makes sense for other European countries too. The "rest of Europe" link goes to UK shop.

So I just spent 265.99EUR. It didn't hurt :-)

If you really need to PM me with troubleshooting question please consider posting it to the forum instead. It is OK to PM me a link to such post then. Thank you.

Last edited by fanoush; 2008-09-30 at 18:42.

I apparently got my order in as well. Good thing that the billing address I supplied happened to be ok for delivery too, because the order site failed to ask for delivery address..

I didn't get the newsletter email either, apparently something failed there. So I peeked around and found an announcement by luck (and lots of reloads to get that poor gp32x.com server to load..)

Yay! Now it's just to wait.

Posts: 2,152 | Thanked: 1,490 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by Karel Jansens View Post
Most likely: Exsanguinating profusely.
Actually I find Pandora price to be quite low for the hardware. Let's see when future N900 drops to 250EUR :-)

If you really need to PM me with troubleshooting question please consider posting it to the forum instead. It is OK to PM me a link to such post then. Thank you.

Posts: 301 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Santiago, Chile
I don't think its all that expensive either. Don't have the money right now. I should get a part time job XD. This and a small netbook should keep me going for a couple of months. My inner geek is never satiated.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
The problem is, see, I'm not much of a gamer, and the Pandora really is set up to be a gaming machine. But for $356 including shipping, I'm sorely, sorely tempted...

I will resist however. I want the N900. It will be smaller, and it will be Maemo.