Notices

Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by phutterman View Post
I second the idea of the alphabet going down the side. It's implemented on some [cough] Apple products we know, and it's sufficiently unobtrusive even in their relatively narrow portrait mode. Granted, they have more vertical room to lay out the alphabet, too, but I imagine it would work fine.
Apple mobile products show the whole alphabet, and don't use the proportions like lcuk suggested.

Cover flow is another useful way to browse through albums.

After all, N8x0 screens are as many pixels tall in landscape as those devices are in portrait (!).
Now, now... depends on the device.

hi,
many time the canola is not playing the rm (real media flv downloaded from youtube) files , any soltion for that please ........................

You can convert them to an other format.

Posts: 84 | Thanked: 212 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Oulu, Finland
Originally Posted by Cadabena View Post
Whilst there's no denying Canola's amazing interface and usability, there is one feature I would like to request. I have over a thousand songs on my card, and scrolling down the list of all tracks takes a few minutes and gives me a very sore finger. What I'm thinking, is maybe a normal scroll bar taking up, say, 50-100 pixels on the right hand side of the screen to go to a part of the track list, then use kinetic scrolling to find the exact track. It would save a lot of time, and also save excessive frustrating finger flicking.
Mauku uses finger gestures to boost scrolling as follows:

- Move to the left and up: Scroll all the way to the top

- Move to the left and down: Scroll all the way to the bottom

It makes easy, for example, to jump back to the beginning of the list after reading some older messages.

I have also pondered to implement a scroll bar that appears while finger scrolling. Currently, there is a small position indicator that is visible after scrolling has started and hides after some time of inactivity. However, an user could use that indicator as a scroll bar too. That way there would be a real scroll bar to be used as a quick way to jump into middle of the list when needed, but it would not take any screen estate while not in use.

The Following User Says Thank You to hhedberg For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by allnameswereout View Post
You can convert them to an other format.
any converter availbale , sorry i am ware any , please post the link if you have with instruction please..........
thanks fro help

Originally Posted by darshan_ucb View Post
any converter availbale , sorry i am ware any , please post the link if you have with instruction please..........
thanks fro help
http://betalabs.nokia.com/betas/view...ideo-converter

This should do the job for most formats, on Windows and MacOSX.

Else, you will have to use something like a FFMPEG based converter because FFMPEG is able to decode and encode almost all video formats out in the wild including obscure ones.