Posts: 708 | Thanked: 125 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Too Close To D.C
Originally Posted by KendallBarrett View Post
DigitalBridge Communications (BridgeMaxx)
"We are proud to be
at the forefront of the industry with an innovative, mature and certified
Mobile WiMAX base station, further demonstrating our commitment to the
industry as we offer the market next generation OPEN(TM) WiMAX solutions for
the 2.5, 3.5 and 2.3 GHz frequency bands."

I will hear back from a tech tomorrow. Seeing as how I just purchased two of these, I kinda want them to be "fully functional".

Unless Heavyt has allready done the foot work.
I hope you get some good news. I got my info from BridgeMaxx FAQs page http://www.digitalbridgecommunicatio...efault.aspx#10

How is BridgeMAXX different then Wi-Fi?
BridgeMAXX provides a more secure connection and allows more flexibility than Wi-Fi. Wi-Fi operates on unlicensed 2.4GHz frequencies. This makes it vulnerable to scanning and packet interception. Because it operates on a 2.3GHz licensed frequency and uses WiMax technology, BridgeMAXX is very secure. In addition, Wi-Fi is only available in “hot-spots.” With BridgeMAXX service, customers can plug in the BridgeMAXX modem and connect to the Internet anywhere in the entire service area.

ITS OFFICIAL! I just got off a phone call with a friend of a friend of mine who is a tech for bridgemaxx here in rexburg, ID. They run off the 2.5ghz spectrum! Well see how well the N810 interfaces with it when I get them next week. If you live in eastern Idaho or Jackson Hole Whyoming this is good news!

Posts: 18 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Missoula, MT
So what's the verdict, now that you've had a few months to play with it. Satisfied?

Posts: 18 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Missoula, MT
FYI to anybody who stumbles on this thread via google like I did. I sent an email to Bridgemaxx asking about using the N810 on their network. After several days of no response, two different people finally called me within hours of each other. Both left messages saying that only *their* modems could be used to connect to the network. Seems to me like their shooting themselves in the foot.

Note to any wireless service providers (cell phone companies included) that somehow stumble on this thread (I can dream can't I). Just give me the damn pipe, that's all I want. Let me run whatever applications I want, on whatever devices I want, from whatever sources I want. Bresnan has no clue what devices I have attached to their cable network or what applications I'm running on those devices, AND THEY DON'T CARE. Neither should you. The first wireless company that can give me *that* level of service will have my business in a heartbeat.