Active Topics

Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
Two recharges and sofar nothing has exploded.
Roughly guesstimated, I get about 30-40% more movie viewing time per charge. I haven't yet been able to run down the battery ereading, mainly because I have to, you know, sleep.

Posts: 69 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Colorado, USA
In the picture, that battery says Li-ion. Original battery in N800 is Li-Polymer. Would it make a difference to the charger if battery type is changed?

Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
Originally Posted by khalid View Post
In the picture, that battery says Li-ion. Original battery in N800 is Li-Polymer. Would it make a difference to the charger if battery type is changed?
I've always been told that, charging-wise, they're interchangeable. But if it goes Boom!, y'all be the first to hear about it.

Unless it goes, you know, Boom! really really hard.

Originally Posted by Karel Jansens View Post
Two recharges and sofar nothing has exploded.
Roughly guesstimated, I get about 30-40% more movie viewing time per charge. I haven't yet been able to run down the battery ereading, mainly because I have to, you know, sleep.
Still good? no explosions?

Can you please send the link to the battery? I feel like getting one myself...

Thanks.

I have a couple too in 770 and N800, still good. Doesn't help much with the Diablo problem though. The link is in the first post.

I emailed that guy; he never replied.

I just ordered the batteries, and he sent 'em - quickly, too :-)

Are you in Europe? That may explain it; he is apparently Dutch, and I am in the US. Does he respond to YOUR emails?

Anyway, I am emailing him again. Be sure to let us all know how well they work for you, if they work as well/better than the original 1500 (1300?) maH battery.

Last edited by heelio; 2009-01-05 at 21:34.

Yep, I'm in France.

No, I didn't email him - just ordered through eBay and got the automated replies for confirmation/shipping/tracking etc. Most were in Dutch only, Google to the rescue :-)

And no, I don't expect them to work as well/better than the original Nokia items : you get what you pay for, and the technology is not the same. Better than the failing, 2/3 years old originals, and adequate longevity, for a fraction of the price, is good enough for me.

I don't believe in miracles, either :-)