Notices

Excelent tool! I almost can't believe that I can now carry the complete Wikipedia (sans pictures) in my pocket. Amazing! Kudos to the coders for a job well done!

I'm working now on getting a good Brazilian Portuguese dictionary into it... will post here when I succeed.

Posts: 95 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on May 2006 @ New Jersey, USA
Originally Posted by durval View Post
Excelent tool! I almost can't believe that I can now carry the complete Wikipedia (sans pictures) in my pocket. Amazing! Kudos to the coders for a job well done!
Thank you Most of it goes to Pedia Press and the mwlib team that does all the heavy lifting needed to properly parse Mediawiki markup.

Originally Posted by durval View Post
I'm working now on getting a good Brazilian Portuguese dictionary into it... will post here when I succeed.
It's best to post your questions to http://aarddict.org/forum/ if you need any help with aardtools.

Where the content of this dictionary comes from? If it's license allows free distribution we can host it at http://aarddict.org.

does this work in n900 ?
and whats the difference between this and evopedia ?

Posts: 136 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Greece
It works in my n900 very nicely
you have to check out
http://aarddict.org/
download section
It will add it's own repository to download it.
I uses it's own format .aar for dictionaries and has some ready for download , torrents that is. It also has some tools to convert other dicts into it's own format, but I have not tried that yet.

thanks evan, torrent is a bit slow thought :S

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
This also works well for me on my N900.

worked great, but why does it always open the available connection box ? im not highlighting the check online !
and also when i scroll by my finger it highlights the whole article and seems the only way to scroll is by opening the keyboard and use up/down arrows.
any1 tried it and found a solution ? specially with the online issue ?

Posts: 136 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Greece
You may write a file at
/home/user/.aarddict with the filename user.css
Containing
body {-khtml-user-select: none;}
sadly this disables text selection but helps somewhat with scrolling. I prefer to point somewhere just left to the thin right bar and scroll.
As to the automatic connection, yes it does this also to me, Don’t know why.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by AgogData View Post
worked great, but why does it always open the available connection box ? im not highlighting the check online !
and also when i scroll by my finger it highlights the whole article and seems the only way to scroll is by opening the keyboard and use up/down arrows.
any1 tried it and found a solution ? specially with the online issue ?
I don't know. This doesn't happen to me. Try installing a different dictionary and see if the same thing happens?

thanks so much

Tags
aard, aarddict, dictionary, wiki, wikipedia