Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
I see a new update have come around.

I had a play around and found the alarm to show up nicely even when the calendar was closed. Still, there is no default alarm sound from what i can tell, and i am not entirely sure where maemo is hiding its...

As for syncing, i guess your referring to opensync?

Posts: 46 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on May 2009 @ Sydney, Australia
Look in /usr/share/sounds. You might want to add this as a directory using the "Add" button at the bottom left so you can get there faster in future.

The Following User Says Thank You to trollo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
hrmf, to bad the default alarm sounds are mp3, not wav...

I like the recording app! It's nice and loud.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

tso: I use the ringing sounds. I have a number of things in mind to improve this, but it is not a priority because the ringing sounds do the job.

Posts: 58 | Thanked: 34 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ the Lower Rainland
I like the layout of the recording app but there are a few things that are bothering me about it. When you end a recording and go to play it back it doesn't atomatically go back to the beginning of the recording. The other is there any way to increase the playback volume? when i do play back it is very quiet even with the sound at full.

The volume problem is not with playing - it's with recording. You can see the same thing in Maemo Recorder if you set its format to PCM or WAV. The difference is that for PCM and WAV mode, Maemo Recorder uses the PCM inputs (dsppcmsrc), and for the iLBC more it uses the iLBC input (dspilbcsrc).

It looks like the iLBC input somehow corrects automatically for input volume in a way the PCM input does not.

Using iLBC is not an option for Seqretary Recorder since that format is not as easy to overwrite mid-stream as PCM is (with PCM you can choose an arbitrary location and just do it, iLBC requires framing).

When you use the headset (on an n810 at least), the recording volume is much better. This is something to be investigated.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to trollo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
I'm just providing a link to the maemo.org downloads page for this - http://maemo.org/downloads/product/OS2008/seqretary/

After looking through the GStreamer source code I see no obviously good solution to this. I have added a microphone sensitivity slider that can be used to artificially boost the volume of sound received on the microphone (slide it all the way to the right for maximum sensitivity).

This is in 0.91.4-1, which is in the repository now (although I will not update the downloads page for this minor change).

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to trollo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by trollo View Post
After looking through the GStreamer source code I see no obviously good solution to this. I have added a microphone sensitivity slider that can be used to artificially boost the volume of sound received on the microphone (slide it all the way to the right for maximum sensitivity).

This is in 0.91.4-1, which is in the repository now (although I will not update the downloads page for this minor change).
great app; thank you! i plan on using the recording function to transcribe music rehearsals. i don't suppose it would be possible to enable a playback loop function and/or loading and playback (not recording) of mp3/wma files? i just tried the sensitivity function. it works great! one more suggestion - it would be very convenient if the recorder could remember the storage location for the audiofiles so you don't have to go through the file directory to the mmc folder each time when starting up. thanks again!

Last edited by wesgreen; 2009-06-22 at 14:08.