Active Topics

Posts: 1,028 | Thanked: 578 times | Joined on Mar 2009 @ Chicago
Originally Posted by Thesandlord View Post
Flash = Adobe

Nokia = F in F (guess what that means)

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111!11!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!1111!!!!!
F*cked in Flash??

EDIT

Sooo sick of 'fixed in fremantle'. Is anything 'fixed in fremantle' gonna be "Fixed In Mer"? Cuz that would be f'n sweet.

(Drink Twice people )

EDIT

I'm a hater-hater by nature, but I did buy this thing cuz it's an internet tablet, and the ONE thing that I'm hating-on about my N810 is that the internet is not as cool when dipsh*t robots are telling you that your flash version isn't good enough. <sigh>

Last edited by JayOnThaBeat; 2009-06-30 at 07:56.

Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
Originally Posted by timsamoff View Post
Or go to Maemo Brainstorm and lodge a request.
I don't think that broken video support that worked has anything to do with a Brainstorm. It is simply a bug.

Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
Originally Posted by gokuman56 View Post
i reported this as a bug and someone told me to to this.
Please, for the sake of transparency, use links. We talk about
https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=4744 here.
Clicking "Vote for this bug" can also help...

By the way, it seems your exclamation mark key is broken. You used 11 of them in the subject while 1 should be enough.

Originally Posted by JayOnThaBeat View Post
Sooo sick of 'fixed in fremantle'.
You're welcome ;-) (though I'm only the messenger for those messages, not the creator)

Originally Posted by JayOnThaBeat View Post
Is anything 'fixed in fremantle' gonna be "Fixed In Mer"? Cuz that would be f'n sweet.
Basically that's the plan I'd say.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Andre Klapper For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,605 | Thanked: 1,601 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Southern California
Originally Posted by Andre Klapper View Post
I don't think that broken video support that worked has anything to do with a Brainstorm. It is simply a bug.
Oh, it is? I thought that it was something that was never actually implemented. Sorry.

Tim

The Following User Says Thank You to timsamoff For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
I've asked this before, I'll ask again: can we modify / spoof the Flash version? And if we did, would that make it work again?

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by qole View Post
I've asked this before, I'll ask again: can we modify / spoof the Flash version?
Running "strings" on "libflashplayer.so" reveals "Shockwave Flash 9.0 r48" plus many instances of "Adobe Flash Player 9" and "Flash Player 9". I'm guessing, but those could probably be ignored. The one string in the file that likely needs to be replaced is "LNX 9,0,48,0".

The problem is, the "LNX 9,0,48,0" string would need to be replaced with a longer "10" string, and if there's no padding around what's there currently, it's not going to work. I don't know enough to say either way.

And if we did, would that make it work again?
It would fix those sites that demand newer versions of the Flash plugin without relying upon features introduced in those new versions. Sites that actually use new features would probably crash the Flash plugin.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
What about changing it to "LNX10,0,22,7" ? Or is the space important? Anybody know? Anybody tried?

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by qole View Post
What about changing it to "LNX10,0,22,7" ? Or is the space important?
I would expect the space to be important. It might be better to try making up for the extra digit in "10" by shortening what's currently "48". Hopefully, Flash doesn't count on that portion always being two digits.

If someone wants to try a binary patch, might as well go for broke and try "LNX 11,0,0,0". You're lying anyway, and you don't want to have to redo the work every time Adobe pushes out a new "newest".

EDIT:

EDIT2: Did recording video on Facebook using the built-in camera in the tablets ever work? Is there somewhere in Facebook I can go to try to play Facebook videos?

Last edited by sjgadsby; 2009-06-30 at 19:33.

The Following User Says Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
I tried changing to "LNX10,0,22,7" using ghex (on tablet, of course ) and Adobe tells me that I have version installed. Yes. No version number at all.

And Facebook still gorks.

Ok, now to try "LNX 11,0,0,0"...