Poll: Will you buy the Nokia N900?
Poll Options
Will you buy the Nokia N900?

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
I would certainly use it as a phone if it worked on AT&T's network decently and the price was right.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
I'm also a 'price is right' other. I like it (albeit in a different way than a N810) but don't really have a budget for it if it's 500+ euros.

The Following User Says Thank You to attila77 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,589 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Arlington (DFW), Texas
texrat, I'm a huge gadget whore, and chose Nseries flagships for the last 4-5 years because nothing matched its features.I'd switch new devices every 4 months because of my rampant gadget whoredom. If this phone puts the Nseries lead back at a massive disparity in comparison with the competition, which is what has put many Symbianites off, I'm in, and will by the other Maemo device when it comes out too.

I'm currently not working a 9-5 right now, but I promise you, I'll hustle, scratch and steal to get the N900. Its what the N90 showed me could be possible, and the closest to a truly convergent device I've seen. All it needs now are a PiiPtv client, and I'm satisfied for at least 8 months, maybe more.

These numbers must be considered quite good, when you take in account the number of disappointed vocal people in these threads.

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
@volt: Yep. I've played the devil's advocate (and apple fanboi) voice quite often in the thread, and even so, i voted "i'll buy one (no matter what)" cause I'm a gadgetwhore (gadgetjohn?) just like christexaport above :P

No. Price being the main reason. Satisfaction with the n810 is the other

Posts: 30 | Thanked: 49 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ Coruņa, ES
I hope I'll get the chance to test drive it. My main concerns are battery life and synchronization with OS X. Let's see how they deal with that

Posts: 1,012 | Thanked: 817 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ France
I'll buy it if I can get a developer discount. It's just simply a cost issue for me... I really can't afford a big ticket item right now... but if I had the cash, it's a blind instant purchase for me.
+1 (text for too short message warning.)

The Following User Says Thank You to Khertan For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by christexaport View Post
If this phone puts the Nseries lead back at a massive disparity in comparison with the competition, which is what has put many Symbianites off.
I find myself unable to understand the reactions of Symbian fans to Maemo. I am a Symbian fan too, but in many places I have seen bile spewing like forest fires!

Originally Posted by mrojas View Post
I find myself unable to understand the reactions of Symbian fans to Maemo. I am a Symbian fan too, but in many places I have seen bile spewing like forest fires!
Really? Where?

Tags
interest, n900, poll