Active Topics

Posts: 206 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Switzerland
To synchronize Maemo 5 with the PC, there is only Microsoft ActiveSync?

Nokia think GNU/Linux users for his community but think Windows users for his customers.

This is paradoxical.

Is the addressbook based on evolution data server like before on n8x0? Then surely syncevolution should work. Anybody knows this?

Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
Originally Posted by pelago View Post
Hopefully we'll also be able to set the 'display by' field for every record
Haven't seen that functionality yet. Please file an enhancement request in bugs.maemo.org if there isn't one already, plus elaborate why it can be helpful.

The Following User Says Thank You to Andre Klapper For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
Originally Posted by borghal View Post
Is the addressbook based on evolution data server like before on n8x0? Then surely syncevolution should work. Anybody knows this?
Yes, addressbook will still be based on evolution data server as far as I know.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Andre Klapper For This Useful Post:
Posts: 27 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by badger View Post
Can confirm this, I have N900 and there is no OTA SyncML capability... This means that there is no Ovi Contacts via SyncML but Ovi is listed under the My Accounts Control Panel option. Adding my Ovi details into this didn't pull down my Ovi contacts, just my Ovi chat contacts...

Personally hoping that we will see a Google Contacts Sync client for Meamo 5 - Since Android arrived all my contacts are in Google contacts...
No, unfortunately no syncml-over-http for the N900. So you cannot backup/restore your contacts on "Contacts on Ovi".

The setting in My Accounts for OVI is as badger says only for the XMPP-service that was formerly known as "Nokia Chat". That's not the same as "Contacts on OVI", although they are branded very similar (and hopefully those 2 services will merge in the future).

Regarding Google Contacts & Calendar: The N900 has an activesync client (called Mail for Exchange). Since Google seems to use activesync on Android, they expose Contacts and Calendar over that (settings here: http://www.google.com/mobile/products/sync.htm).

I just tried with the N900, works fine.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to joergen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Andre Klapper View Post
Yes, addressbook will still be based on evolution data server as far as I know.
Yupp, still based on evolution-data-server, so updating syncevolution should be perfectly doable. Which is a nice solution for open syncml-solutions like Scheduleworld, but unfortunately not for "Contacts on OVI".
The syncml-server username+password for the later come as part of an SMS and are thus not visible to user. At least I have not found a way to read them out, but I do not know to much about S60.

Originally Posted by joergen View Post
No, unfortunately no syncml-over-http ...
And via USB?

I quote myself:
Nokia think GNU/Linux users for his community but think Windows users for his customers.

This is paradoxical.
PS: No CalDAV/WebDAV compatibility?

Originally Posted by korbé View Post
To synchronize Maemo 5 with the PC, there is only Microsoft ActiveSync?
No, you can use the syncml over bluetooth/usb.

Posts: 66 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Europe
The device connected directly to Nokia PC Suite 7.1 - Pulled in all my outlook contacts in the same way a s60 devices does (even supported pictures)

The Meamo 5 devices have support for the same PC connectivity as s60. When plugging a USB cable, you are presented with a menu - Mass Storage or PC Suite.

ActiveSync support is OTA only.

Thanks.

But, I don't use PC Suite (it's only for Windows and proprietary).

Can I create a software to syncronise data with N900 via SyncML in USB cable?