Posts: 600 | Thanked: 742 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ England
Originally Posted by tso View Post
hmm, rov83-51, and the device itself seemed a bit masked...
This is just a prototype of the N900, whose device ID was RX-51 and whose code name was "Rover".

Now if there had been a "-71" at the end, that would have been really interesting!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to eiffel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
Originally Posted by eiffel View Post
This is just a prototype of the N900, whose device ID was RX-51 and whose code name was "Rover".

Now if there had been a "-71" at the end, that would have been really interesting!
thanks for reminding me.

Posts: 270 | Thanked: 303 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Serbia, Belgrade
"Rafe Blandford: Maemo support in Qt - Hildon input method, Hildon menus, QGTK/Hildon Style, new Hildon winow attributes (windows stack, desktop applet). New Hildon UI elements. Improved finger usability. OpenGL ES 2.0 support. Impressive."

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kopte3 For This Useful Post:
desktop applet
So, does that mean it will be possible to create Maemo desktop widgets with this release of Qt?

Awesome to hear about the QtCreator integration as well. Great great great.

Awesome news - this is what Quim was asking us to wait for till the Maemo Summit. Really wonderful.

I think this is one of the most enticing things about the Maemo now to all developers - a broader reach of apps to so many other platforms.

Does this mean I can develop qt apps in windows or i still have to do it in linux?

Posts: 270 | Thanked: 303 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Serbia, Belgrade
"allaboutmaemo: The Qt styles are more than just decoration, gives improved finger usability and screen real estate usage.
allaboutmaemo: QGraphicsView / Animation Framework - can be used with Open GL ES 2.0. Standard on Qt 4.6, available as library for Qt 4.5. Nice.
Rafe Blandford: 3D elephant running on 30 frames per second - thanks to Open GL ES 2.0. QGL Widget exposes all features of OpenGL to application.
allaboutmaemo: On porting Qt apps. Standard Qt apps can just compile and run. But 4 gd usability and consistent look and feel need to refactor UI.
allaboutmaemo: To do this... the solution is to use Hildonized UI elements and application style... Users are your friends - try to please them!"
Live here.

sorry guys I didn't get it well , can anyone tell me what could we call this QT thing ? is it a program ? if it is a program where could we install it ? and what's its functions ? how it will a good & useful for N900 ? is it necessary to make apps ?

I hope that someone could explain that for us by easy words

thanx

Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
Qt is an application framework. The current one is modified GTK. Qt is considerably better in many ways, so this basically means better quality apps are easier to make.

The Following User Says Thank You to Flandry For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by abu9al7 View Post
sorry guys I didn't get it well , can anyone tell me what could we call this QT thing ? is it a program ? if it is a program where could we install it ? and what's its functions ? how it will a good & useful for N900 ? is it necessary to make apps ?

I hope that someone could explain that for us by easy words

thanx
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qt_(toolkit)

basically it is an app framework and is mostly used for the GUI side of things although it does have general app functions too. To me, this used with PyQt(the python language bindings for Qt) will make apps for maemo very easy and nice to make

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to quipper8 For This Useful Post:

Tags
qt port