Posts: 190 | Thanked: 167 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Brazil
That's why I love that the US keyboard is usually called "international"

And I'm not american - almost all special characters can be reproduced instinctively with a correctly configured US keyboard - as long as your language uses the roman alphabet.

File a bug, it won't do anything for your kb layout, but at least will voice your opinion to someone who might look at it and be able to do something about it next time,

Also, if you look at the maemo-developers list, there are people talking about altering keymaps, might be worth lurking there and waiting to see what they manage to achieve.

P.S. There's often sarcasm in replies (I thought it was quite funny actually, but I'm English), but it's generally good natured, so no need to get offended.

Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
Someone was talking about adding special characters to Fn+[cursor key] combinations on the English keyboard at the Summit. This way, at least for the German language, we could cover the umlauts and the eszett. Of course, one can write "ae", "ue", "oe" instead of the umlauts and "ss" or "sz" for the eszett, so it's really a non-issue for me right now. I would not want to have the localized version of the keyboard, however, because I'm using the English keyboard layout on my PC - it makes programming so much easier

Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
I'll rather have my Ä,Ö and even Å than those arrow keys. I propably wouldn't have bought N97 anyway, but lack of separate keys for Ä,Ö and Å made me not even consider it.

Not having full alphabets on keyboard is a deal breaker for me!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rauha For This Useful Post:
Posts: 415 | Thanked: 182 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Leeds UK
Originally Posted by Hogwash View Post
Learn proper english and discard your crappy language

And forget all that "people have a right" and "give back" BS....
***cough*** It's correct English, not "proper" - funny comment from someone in the US ;-)

Posts: 780 | Thanked: 855 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Helsinki, Finland
Originally Posted by zerojay View Post
Where exactly IS Black Mesa anyways? I thought it was in the US, where you won't have this issue?
I thought Gordon Freeman worked there...

Jack6428 you are wrong, i had a conversation with nokia support in september and she said that the arrows in germany layout are like in the english layout. Skandinavian Layout is something else, they have many special chars.

You should also have a look at amazon product picture that shows german QUERTZ Layout with international arrow placement.

http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/imag...5599502&sr=8-1

The Following User Says Thank You to Rotkaeqpchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 780 | Thanked: 855 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Helsinki, Finland
I wonder if it'd be possible to simply ask the nokia service centre to change the keyboard mat.

Posts: 543 | Thanked: 181 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Universe,LocalCluster.MilkyWay.Sol.Earth.Europe.Slovenia.Ljubljana
That would be nice... then a dvorak layout could be a possibility(hey I can dream can't I?)