Active Topics

App looking great! Can't wait to install this on my N900 once they're shipped.

Very nice to see the Sydney Harbour Bridge featured in the screenshot .

Posts: 664 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Australia
Originally Posted by chritto View Post
App looking great! Can't wait to install this on my N900 once they're shipped.

Very nice to see the Sydney Harbour Bridge featured in the screenshot .
cheers!!!!!

Looks great. Nice work.

I have just updated the latest version(0.2) and screenshot in my #1 post. It now has touch activated controls for navigating back and forward and for viewing the currently displayed image in the image-viewer and other minor changes. The controls are highlighted when touched to show feedback to the users.

Last edited by jaeezzy; 2009-11-16 at 00:58.

This Clutter/3D photo-viewer example looks pretty cool: http://www.openismus.com/documents/c...l-example.html

I wonder if you could use some of the transitions, etc. The only problem is that the photos would be pretty small if you used the ellipse-style viewing arrangement, but it would be cool

Originally Posted by lardman View Post
This Clutter/3D photo-viewer example looks pretty cool: http://www.openismus.com/documents/c...l-example.html

I wonder if you could use some of the transitions, etc. The only problem is that the photos would be pretty small if you used the ellipse-style viewing arrangement, but it would be cool
Ya that would be cooool but I guess the applet will be too small to implement this kinda effect. However, if this is implemented in the image gallery application then it would be HOT!! coz I found the default one quite out dated and not utilizing the inbuilt 3d capabilities and this is beyond me.

Last edited by jaeezzy; 2009-11-16 at 22:11.

It can be now installed from extras-devel repository for testing in scratchbox and in the device itself.

Posts: 284 | Thanked: 498 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Poland
If I may suggest something, it's obviously i18n support, preferably with use of Transifex.net infrastructure for easy maintenance.

Originally Posted by Tomaszd View Post
If I may suggest something, it's obviously i18n support, preferably with use of Transifex.net infrastructure for easy maintenance.
please feel free to suggest anything that makes sense. I'll be happy. The source code isn't packaged yet for the distribution however I'll work on making the application localizable.

Posts: 72 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Shropshire UK
Hi,
Firstly, Well done! This sounds really great, and definitely something I would like on the device. I'm currently not able to see your pictures on my work internet connection - but I'll look forward to having a gander when I'm home. If I can, I'll even try the app in scratchbox - if my low skills are up to it.

One thing I was wondering when reading this, is - does the application run continuously? I assume the battery usage etc would be tiny, but I did think that maybe it would be useful to potentially stop/pause the slideshow when the phone is locked (if this doesn't happen already). That way, you don't miss any pictures, and it potentially saves on some processing power/battery.

Again, that might be a very negligible saving - and it might be included already. If so, I apologise and I'll try and look more closely at it later.

Thanks for the app anyway - I can see it being a very nice addition!