Active Topics

Posts: 139 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Planet Earth for now!
Originally Posted by MohammadAG View Post
As root:
Code:
apt-get install gstreamer0.10-plugins-good
then run the command he posted in the first post.
Ok, ran the code, plugins installed, but it says 6 are out there for upgrade? ran the code from the 1st post; get an error message "gst-launch" not found? What am I missing or not doing correctly?
TIA

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
You need gst-tools from extras-devel for gst-launch.

Originally Posted by MohammadAG View Post
As root:
Code:
apt-get install gstreamer0.10-plugins-good
then run the command he posted in the first post.
And if you want to get the monoscope working:
Code:
apt-get install gstreamer0.10-plugins-good-extra

Posts: 23 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ TX, USA
Thanks twaelti!

I do have some questions regarding performance and using the nokia's audio output to create the visualization.

Performance:
I've noticed that the visualizer doesn't tax the CPU much at all but I still got poor framerates. I assume this either means there's a bottleneck with the speed of memory or the speed of the DSP. I've tried clocking the DSP to very high frequencies but can't see a performance change (the framerate still drops low sometimes). Have you messed with performance?
Note: I notice that on the commandline it mentions /home/user not being "ours", I assume this means it's not available. Can we specify a folder that is available to it?

Source Audio:
I'm really enjoying using the microphone as the input to the visualizer but might like to use the device's own output at some point. I've tried specifying the output with
Code:
pulsesrc device=alsa_output.hw_0.monitor
but that doesn't run. Does anyone know what the name of that audio output is on Maemo?

Posts: 11 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Germany
Hello, any news about the plugin for MediaBox?

Originally Posted by ug2215 View Post
Source Audio:
I'm really enjoying using the microphone as the input to the visualizer but might like to use the device's own output at some point. I've tried specifying the output with
Code:
pulsesrc device=alsa_output.hw_0.monitor
but that doesn't run. Does anyone know what the name of that audio output is on Maemo?
Code:
pactl list | grep monitor
says that sink.hw0.monitor is the right source (bluetooth devices seem to use sink.hw1.monitor).
And sink.music.monitor will get you exclusively the output of the built-in mediaplayer. However, remember to get rid of the pulsesink output, otherwise you'll just get a bunch of echoing as it tries to play back the output to the same device:
Code:
gst-launch pulsesrc device=sink.hw0.monitor ! audioconvert ! goom ! ffmpegcolorspace ! xvimagesink
should suffice.