Looks like it.

Posts: 519 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ North Carolina (Formerly Denmark and Iceland)
Originally Posted by johnnyrockets911 View Post
http://www.amazon.com/Nokia-N900-Unl...dp/B002OB49SW/

They increased the price again????????
Yep, Dell is not competing with them in price any more. So no need to sell it for more than $50 less than the nearest big competitor.

I'm glad I emailed them and got locked into the $529.99 price while disregarding all the members who said not to bother because you would be charged the lowest price. Now we have people emailing and calling Amazon asking for the lower price but Amazon refuses and only offers the 549.99 price now.

Originally Posted by jessi3k3 View Post
I'm glad I emailed them and got locked into the $529.99 price while disregarding all the members who said not to bother because you would be charged the lowest price. Now we have people emailing and calling Amazon asking for the lower price but Amazon refuses and only offers the 549.99 price now.
True, but I think if you ask them to change the price, it will put you in the end of the line. The person that had preordered the phone on 9/15 and got his phone shipped had the original price still. I pre-ordered on 9/16 and I have yet to get an email from amazon, would tell me, that I was put in the end of the line when I asked for the price change (this was three times for the three price drops).

Posts: 270 | Thanked: 303 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Serbia, Belgrade
Maybe this price change means they got our phones?

Originally Posted by remister View Post
True, but I think if you ask them to change the price, it will put you in the end of the line. The person that had preordered the phone on 9/15 and got his phone shipped had the original price still. I pre-ordered on 9/16 and I have yet to get an email from amazon, would tell me, that I was put in the end of the line when I asked for the price change (this was three times for the three price drops).
I am in the same boat, I ordered on 9/15, no updates.

Originally Posted by kopte3 View Post
Maybe this price change means they got our phones?
Could be, no longer need to take "pre-orders". Though their page still says they're taking pre-orders.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 306 | Thanked: 350 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Sydney
Who pre-ordered is apparently safe from these price increases...

"Thank you for your email in relation to the Pre-Order Price Guarantee.

I can confirm that the Pre-Order Price Guarantee applies to the Nokia N900 phone.

Whenever you pre-order a book, CD, video, DVD, software, or video game, the price we charge when we ship it to you will be the lowest price offered by
Amazon.com between the time you placed your order and the release date. If the price changes, you'll see the update (or refund, if your shipment is already being prepared) within 24 hours.

Our Pre-Order Price Guarantee doesn't apply to items (or prices) offered by other sellers on our site.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Please let us know if this e-mail resolved your question:"

So it looks like everyone that pre-ordered should be getting a refund back when it finally ships.

called them up today and the price wad adjusted. However, I may cancel it since the Dell unit was shipped already

Posts: 569 | Thanked: 159 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ District of Columbia
The other seller on Amazon under the N900 has it listed as being in-stock.

http://www.amazon.com/Nokia-N900-Unl...9041479&sr=1-1

-Socrates 469 BC