Posts: 116 | Thanked: 156 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ North Yorkshire
I wish! I haven't got an N900 (yet!).

But that is certainly my intention.

Posts: 21 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Kingston-Upon-Hul, UK / Le Mans, FR
Ok.
Perhaps I will buy the N900 sim free and take advantage of the free data for 6 months.
I don't think i will have the patience to wait for provider offer with small contracts ...

Since the networks have started ramming 18 and 24 months contracts down our throats, I don't do contracts on principal anymore. Pre-pay (and 1 month SIM only) often has similar deals anyway.

Just got the following back from giffgaff:
Hi xmob

giffgaff provide 64KB USIMs so they can be used for in 3G networks (and also compatible with 2G GPRS/EDGE where there is no 3G coverage).

Also these SIMs can be put into 2G phones and will OK there too.

Hope this helps!
That's very good news.

I read up on this giffgaff (what a name) sim earlier.

I like that they are open to suggestions as to what rates data should be charged at at the end of these 6 months.(EU reg's come to mind).

This outfit does seem to be a venture with o2 who currently charge £2.94 per mb so anything below that would be good. Data bundles could be introduced though instead of a per mb charge.

You must be aware though that the 6 months is from today so if you get a giffgaff card in January say then there will only be 5 months remaining..... that is how I read it anyway.

Posts: 21 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Kingston-Upon-Hul, UK / Le Mans, FR
It is from the launch so yes 5 months if you get a sim card for Xmas ^^

I did one of giffgaff's silly marketing videos at the weekend. I would REALLY appreciate if you folks viewed and rated it. Thank you muchly!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ix0oLKMUmBI

Originally Posted by xmob View Post
Just got the following back from giffgaff:

That's very good news.

...and in case you were in any further doubt here's proof the N900 will work fine with a giffgaff SIM: http://www.flickr.com/photos/ben_smith_uk/4150211447/

Just order my SIM card, will see ...

Posts: 223 | Thanked: 52 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ West Kirby, UK
Quick note for those trying to get their giffgaff sim working, use

access point giffgaff.com
username giffgaff
password Password

Leave proxies off, this foxed me for a while. I typed in proxies from giffgaff.com and the connection refused to work.