*bump*

Any progress regarding the "hildonizing" of Rockbox ?

On a side note: I still struggle to understand, what exactly the problem is regarding the integration of gapless playback into the standard Maemo 5 mediaplayer.
I mean my 20 € MP3 stick which I use when running does gapless playback. My meanwhile 6 yrs old Iriver H320 does it too, as do, to the best of my knowledge, all the Apple Ipods.

Is there anyone who could fill me in on this ? Please ?

Best regards,

Agata

Last edited by agatkao; 2010-03-03 at 15:28.

Originally Posted by agatkao View Post
*bump*
Any progress regarding the "hildonizing" of Rockbox ?
No, no progress yet.

On a side note: I still struggle to understand, what exactly the problem is regarding the integration of gapless playback into the standard Maemo 5 mediaplayer.
If only we had mediaplayer opensourced... Nokia is just happy with that half-done mediaplayer they did, very likely you will need to buy the next Maemo/MeGoo device for extra features. As it's stated somewhere in bugzilla, no EQ until Harmattan (now late MeeGo), think yourself how long it will take to get gapless etc.

Originally Posted by sph View Post
I built Rockbox for N900, it works but slow on playback.
That slowness turned out to be the SDL drawing function: It calls SDL_FillRectangle() for every LCD pixel

I've created a small patch to improve the speed on the N900. It's currently enough to play around with rockbox. Also enabled are the ARM assembler optimizations.

Compile settings:
Target: Application
LCD width: 800 pixels
LCD height: 480 pixels
Build type: Normal

Enjoy,
Thomas
Attached Files
File Type: txt rockbox-n900-speedup.patch.txt (3.4 KB, 148 views)

The Following User Says Thank You to thomasjfox For This Useful Post: