Active Topics

Originally Posted by penguinbait View Post
Nice COMPUSA sticker
Did anyone notice that the picture with the webcam on appears to be taken with the N800 sitting on a store display cabinet?

As in: this was taken in a CompUSA?

Sorry if that was obvious.

[First post. I've been lurking here for a while, trying to see if I wanted one of these things. I've decided I did, and I was going to wait for the new version. So I'll be here asking stupid questions soon, it looks like.

Nice place. Think I'll stay a while. ]

So the "prototype" was real after all :-)

http://www.engadget.com/2007/01/05/n...ablet-unboxed/

Someone on engadget mention they were unboxing the same unit at Compusa for display, may have to take a drive over to my local Compusa to see if one is around.

Posts: 1,513 | Thanked: 2,248 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ US
Adding this to the N series, stereo speakers, audio out... If they haven't bumped up the CPU and internal memory, it is apparent that Nokia is looking to position this as another multimedia gadget.

Can't see the top buttons in the pictures...

Posts: 832 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Phoenix, AZ
I am going to be at the press reception on Monday and will be interviewing them Tuesday morning. Wish me luck.

Stereo speakers = welcome addition, ESPECIALLY with Canola.
MiniSD = Welcome addition, since I can swap cards from my phone, tablet, and (with adapter) digital camera with ease.

The moment I see one on sale, I'm plunking down my credit card.

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
So, $399.99 at CompUSA probably works out at about $370-$360 direct from Nokia. With the current USD/GBP exchange rate, $399.99 works out at about £205 (but I expect it will be closer to £250).

Seems like Nokia will be pricing the new device at pretty much the same price point as the original.

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Thoughtfix - I've mentioned this a few times before, but do you think you can find out if the GPS built into the Nokia N95 phone will work with the N800? I think those two could be a great combination!

I'm almost committed to buying one, but if the CPU and/or memory situation hasn't improved at all I may delay, even not bother. I'd be very surprised/disappointed if Nokia haven't updated the CPU to at least the OMAP2410.

Originally Posted by thoughtfix View Post
MiniSD = Welcome addition, since I can swap cards from my phone, tablet, and (with adapter) digital camera with ease.
Older pix from engadget showed the cardslot inside the device. And it seemed that nokia build in a "full" SD-Card slot!
Perhaps they deliver the N800 with miniSD + Adapter for compatibly with the handy stuff. Or did they really build in a miniSD slot?

Posts: 428 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Washington DC
With all the hoopla of the new tablet coming out, anyone think that'll it have a newly upgraded OS2007 onboard? And if so, do we get an upgrade as well?

Posts: 564 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Fayetteville, GA
Originally Posted by phi View Post
With all the hoopla of the new tablet coming out, anyone think that'll it have a newly upgraded OS2007 onboard? And if so, do we get an upgrade as well?
I think it will, and it would only make sense to have the upgrade available for the 770 as well (without the camera features of course).
3pm - So good, it's illegal