Active Topics

Posts: 346 | Thanked: 139 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Houston Texas
Thanks for all the input, hopefully the new update will be released this month.

Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
i think reboots are not normal...
mine hasn't rebootet once. and i have it ove a month.

Posts: 373 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Norwich
i have only had one reboot in almost a month owning the device and that was when i was bashing it with dosbox running win3.1

I think I had one or two but then I took out a MicroSD card that had all kinds of stuff on it, including S60 apps etc. No issues since then.

i have never had any

Posts: 1,283 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ South Florida
Originally Posted by joshv06 View Post
Hey everyone,

I got my n900, and I've been getting random reboots. I've seen around that other people have had this problem too, and I was wondering if it was a software issue or a hardware issue and I need to send it back.

Thanks
I've had mine since late November and NEVER had a reboot. Lots of stuff installed from dev and testing and private repositories

No random reboots either. Some stuff installed from testing, devl, Qole, repo.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 373 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Norwich
well im quite convinced i wouldnt have had that one off reboot had i not been thrashing dosbox. i too have a microsd in there with a bunch of s60 stuff on it plus ive installed a few bits and pieces from dev and testing but none of that seems to be affecting it. overall mine is rock solid. i think windows was pocking its finger of death in when mine rebooted.

Considering that not everyone was getting them, I decided to return mine and get a new one. Since then, no reboot problem. That isn't to say that there isn't a software solution, but I wasn't going to bet on that working.

Not to mention that the reboots were annoying and were preventing me from enjoying my phone.

I think there are some misunderstandings here. He probably is not interested in knowing if reboots are normal for one particular device, but if reboots in general is a normal bug. (I think)

The answer is yes it is. Approximately 24% of all devices have this bug:

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ht=poll+reboot