Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 23 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Berlin, Germany
Originally Posted by jakiman View Post
Now to top it off, it would be great to have a sort function in the list. (By name, modified time, size etc)
Yes, that's right. I'll keep it in mind for one of the next versions.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to plastik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,090 | Thanked: 476 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Ingolstadt, Germany
Originally Posted by plastik View Post
Could you try to remove the previous version of qt4.6 manually and then reinstall sib? Also, which firmware version are you using?
after the BIG software update to 1.1 the latest version was installed without any problems.
seems that the update solved my problem. ^^

I see to have a "package conflict" with libqt4-maemo5-network (4.6.0~git20091218-0maemo1)

I notice that there was a new libqt files (git2010 ....). I do have extra-devel & extra testing activate so maybe that's causing it. How do I fix this or see which program is causing this issue. I get I will search around a bit.

update:

fixed my problem. I still don't know what program is causing the conflict but I get a "apt-get upgrade" to automatically upgrade some of my packages. Was reading around about package conflict and found that doing upgrade from terminal might help. DON'T KNOW WHAT HARM I will get from doing that blindly. Hope it doesn't do too much damages.

After the upgrade, I "apt-get install sib". WOW. FAST & EASY I should have been using apt-get in the first place to install apps instead of that slow as app manager.

Last edited by azz; 2010-01-14 at 20:43.

The Following User Says Thank You to azz For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by azz View Post
I see to have a "package conflict" with libqt4-maemo5-network (4.6.0~git20091218-0maemo1)

I notice that there was a new libqt files (git2010 ....). I do have extra-devel & extra testing activate so maybe that's causing it. How do I fix this or see which program is causing this issue. I get I will search around a bit.

update:

fixed my problem. I still don't know what program is causing the conflict but I get a "apt-get upgrade" to automatically upgrade some of my packages. Was reading around about package conflict and found that doing upgrade from terminal might help. DON'T KNOW WHAT HARM I will get from doing that blindly. Hope it doesn't do too much damages.

After the upgrade, I "apt-get install sib". WOW. FAST & EASY I should have been using apt-get in the first place to install apps instead of that slow as app manager.
thanks for that, worked for me!!!

HELP! sib cant see my video folder when i tried to add files and even using MyDocs folder does not result in any media being added (and i have a few), i had this problem b4 the recent maemo update and after as well. Have done numerous uninstalls and re-installs, even used terminal to install it now. still no show! Anyhelp? didnt have this problem with the older version...

Originally Posted by jubei80 View Post
HELP! sib cant see my video folder when i tried to add files and even using MyDocs folder does not result in any media being added (and i have a few), i had this problem b4 the recent maemo update and after as well. Have done numerous uninstalls and re-installs, even used terminal to install it now. still no show! Anyhelp? didnt have this problem with the older version...
yep... pretty annoying...
hidden folders (folders which begin with an . ) won't appear in SiB in the folder choose window...
so you can't access the .video folder.
you have to create a new folder under MyDocs which isn't hidden and place the videos there till the file-browser in SiB shows hidden content too.
edit: even though it says that subfolders will be scanned too - it doesn't do anything with .hidden folders. :/

edit2: you can modify the config-file of sibplayer too.
it's located under ~/.config/sibplayer/SiBPlayer.conf
go there with x terminal and use vi to change the path manually.
(for further instructions on this second way please ask because i think the first way is the better one OR this bug with not showing hidden folders gets eliminated in the next version of SiB)

SEE POST BELOW FOR BEST SOLUTION ^^

Last edited by b666m; 2010-01-15 at 01:54.

when navigating folders in sib, do a long press, and there should be a popup with the option of showing hidden folders :P

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sierrafoxtrot For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sierrafoxtrot View Post
when navigating folders in sib, do a long press, and there should be a popup with the option of showing hidden folders :P
eeeeeeeeq... that hurts... nasty ^^

thanks for that hint!

but i have to say that the icons are way too small. it's rather dirty to point at them with a finger (or nail). i don't want to pick out my stylus that often - it's a TOUCHscreen for TOUCHING with FINGERS ... not a stylusscreen ^^

Nice, To be honest i thought mine was broken, turns out to have been working ever since lol. Thanks a lot you'all.!

Think I messed it up, was trying to add folders and added just a ./ or / or something like that before reading this thread about the hidden folders and now the application opens but it wont respond or do anything.

I have to force quit. I uninstalled it and installed it fresh again but problem seems to remain so it must have saved a prior setting?

So I am guessing in mass storage mode or inside the phone with an editor there must be a simple edit to a file I can do to fix that and try this program out.