Active Topics

Notices

We knows the potencial that is our mobile n900 and our OS Maemo.. and, well, we know that each mobile has a specific informations that we can't share with nobody, for example, the MAC Address in our mobile... the companies can do licenses or serial numbers for its games based on the MAC address... then it is a kind of protection against piracy.

Guys, I would like to ask you sorry to had put this post here... I know it isn't the right place, however, there are a lot of companies that read this Forum, then, if they see that we are interested in to pay few dollars for its applications, then, they will be motivated to build cool and interesting applications and games..

There are few good programmers disponible to do good games.. and the most part of this guys, programm just for fun and what they want.

Will we be limited just for emulators (for SNES/Megadrive, etc)? If yes, then we don't know the potential that n900 has.

Let's look the game Bounce, for example: The quality of graphic and sound is amazing! However, look the limitation.. a ball that need go to X place...

Let's look now for Iphone games: Need of Speed, Resident Evil, Blades of fury, Assassins creed, HERO OF SPART (excelent game), etc....

Understand the difference?

Why this difference? Because the BIG names companies will develop big games not for fun, but for money...Then, we need tell to them that we're interested to pay for its games for maemo/n900.

I hope that all guys understand what I'm speaking about..

Best regards,
Dan

Posts: 321 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Hellas
This has been answered before.
I think on your other thread as well.

It is up to Nokia.

Boot Videos: [ Maemo 1 & 2 ] | Matrix ]

Like my work? Consider making a Donation

The Following User Says Thank You to Lacedaemon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
Originally Posted by noobmonkey View Post
ooo i like that one - Make it 15th line on page 484 of the bible (No idea what that is or if it exists.... Kathy?).... would love to see every N900 gaming user have to carry the bible around with them

(Either that or catcher in the rye in memory of Salinger)

Which translation, which edition? Massively complex. You could do it with a Bible reference if you could guarantee the translation, but most translations come on more than one edition.

User manuals are more controllable.

Originally Posted by RevdKathy View Post
The other problem is how you get people to pay in a system that doesn't support DRM.
It is a bogus argument, as games were written and sold for PCs, phones, etc for years, without system-wide DRM. Every game author is free to implement copy protection and/or rights management the way he sees fit.