Notices

Posts: 2,154 | Thanked: 2,186 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Hellsinki, Finland
Originally Posted by Stskeeps View Post
For themes this is not currently possible. Upload it to autobuilder instead and let that on the heavy lifting.
okay. What about in Ubuntu? It's slow to recycle it through autobuilder just to test out minor tweaks...

80's style stadium rock is back - FIRENOTE
Hi-Octane heavy metal - FORCE MAJEURE

Originally Posted by D-Iivil View Post
okay. What about in Ubuntu? It's slow to recycle it through autobuilder just to test out minor tweaks...
Answer to myself; no, it wont build up even in scratchbox.

Posts: 543 | Thanked: 181 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Universe,LocalCluster.MilkyWay.Sol.Earth.Europe.Slovenia.Ljubljana
Hmm looking at gtkrc in alpha/gtk-2.0 int says:
Copyright Nokia Corporation 2007
Licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5 License...

So how is that proprietary???

Same in a few other spots.
zsh|xmms2|fcron|gtar|gcoreutils

Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland
The gtkrc's are build from same material (hildon-theme-layout-5) as many other themes but it does not change the fact the actual image files are closed source.

There's a properly licensed template out there to base on and make brilliant themes as mentioned above.
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

The Following User Says Thank You to Stskeeps For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Stskeeps View Post
The gtkrc's are build from same material (hildon-theme-layout-5) as many other themes but it does not change the fact the actual image files are closed source.

There's a properly licensed template out there to base on and make brilliant themes as mentioned above.
Yeah, creating themes using that template and MADDE is very easy after you've draw your own stuff into template
Only thing I miss is ability to build .deb-files locally.

Posts: 89 | Thanked: 84 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
Yeah, creating themes using that template and MADDE is very easy after you've draw your own stuff into template
Only thing I miss is ability to build .deb-files locally.
Still I seem to be quite noobish when it came to MADDE. Installed it on my ubuntu machine but I have really no idea how to create the theme after using the *superb* template. So I have a half-ready theme waiting for the great folks around.

But until now the most used word while working with madde has been p*rkele. Probably a good piece of software, but I'm easily confused..

And. OT.

Adding some screens, just as teasers...

Posts: 62 | Thanked: 97 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland, Kerava
Yeah, thanks for this.
Can you tell how to create a .deb package inside MADDE from the three source-files?

In scratchbox it can be created by "fakeroot debian/binary" command, but fakeroot isn't included in MADDE?
With MADDE you don't need fakeroot. MADDE gives root ownership for files automatically. Just call debian/binary.

Posts: 1,656 | Thanked: 1,196 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Alabama, USA
What problems are you having building the themes with MADDE if you tell us we can help you.

**All Posts are made as a Community Member and not as a Super Moderator of this site.

Posts: 89 | Thanked: 84 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
Well, the thing that I have done is to edit the template files, and then run try_it_out.sh. After that I do not have a clue what to do. As I said, I'm easily confused.

In the readme file it states that I then should:
3. Give your theme following parameters in conf/hilton-hildon-theme-variant.confml:
- ThemeDir: where to install your theme under /usr/share/theme)
- ThemeName: your theme's name
The problem then would be: where is this file? And what parameters should I enter.

Posts: 62 | Thanked: 97 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland, Kerava
Originally Posted by daddeddad View Post
Well, the thing that I have done is to edit the template files, and then run try_it_out.sh. After that I do not have a clue what to do. As I said, I'm easily confused.

In the readme file it states that I then should:

The problem then would be: where is this file? And what parameters should I enter.
Have you read following blog?
http://mer-project.blogspot.com/2010...for-theme.html
Maybe the author of the blog will help you.