Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,656 | Thanked: 1,196 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Alabama, USA
That would be cool if you don't mind setting me up with an account on it. Right now I'm going to hand upload a packages and setup our db and add entrys to db by hand. That way we can test it on the app then I need a webscript that takes a file, type, name, and description uploads file to correct folder for type. Then add entry to database.

Guess I need to register a domain name also.

**All Posts are made as a Community Member and not as a Super Moderator of this site.

Posts: 2,154 | Thanked: 2,186 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Hellsinki, Finland
Originally Posted by andrewfblack View Post
That would be cool if you don't mind setting me up with an account on it. Right now I'm going to hand upload a packages and setup our db and add entrys to db by hand. That way we can test it on the app then I need a webscript that takes a file, type, name, and description uploads file to correct folder for type. Then add entry to database.

Guess I need to register a domain name also.
I shall PM you later with the details

80's style stadium rock is back - FIRENOTE
Hi-Octane heavy metal - FORCE MAJEURE

thanks man

**All Posts are made as a Community Member and not as a Super Moderator of this site.

Posts: 16 | Thanked: 125 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Italy
This is really a great idea andrewfblack!

Sounds very exciting. Looking forward to this project.

I'm not sure the the one programmer who was offering to help is still going to or not havn't seen in a few days but I am going to offer a bounty to help me get atleast a basic program working. Something that maybe I can use to help me learn and build on it from their.

Pay will depend on how much work you are willing to do. Please PM or see me on IRC if you want to talk about it.

Posts: 477 | Thanked: 118 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Munich, Germany
Just an idea:

what you want to do is easier to achieve with a project which would be the opposite of theme maker: a software to build the complete png template image from an existing theme. I guess that this should be doable with a photoshop macro...

Originally Posted by Jerome View Post
Just an idea:

what you want to do is easier to achieve with a project which would be the opposite of theme maker: a software to build the complete png template image from an existing theme. I guess that this should be doable with a photoshop macro...
I think you didn't get the idea of this project

Posts: 477 | Thanked: 118 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Munich, Germany
Possibly. I thought that the idea was to customize an existing theme. What I suggest allows that in a simple manner. It does not allow to customize a theme in the device itself, that is true.

Originally Posted by Jerome View Post
Possibly. I thought that the idea was to customize an existing theme. What I suggest allows that in a simple manner. It does not allow to customize a theme in the device itself, that is true.
The idea was to have a "bank" on the internet with peaces of themes where user can choose which parts they want to use and then download it to the phone. Theme creators or modders could then just release for example a cool lock screen and users could download it to their phone with the software inside the phone.