Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
Originally Posted by aleksandyr View Post
TA-t3: this is j2se, not j2me =/ j2me remains my holy grail, mostly for the google apps.

Karel: Yes; I had it working under OS 2006. However, it is basically useless due to the lack of right click.
We really need to get that right click emulated! This is a seriously funny and entertaining piece of software, but having to boot up my Fujitsu tablet everytime I want to play, is just too much hassle (the battery of the Fujitsu has finally kicked the proverbial bucket: standby time is now about five minutes). I wanna play on my Nokia.

If you've never tried Teddy with a stylus, you have no idea of what can be done with it. I could scetch people's faces in 3D! (OK, so they all looked like Mr Potato from Toy Story, but they pretended they could recognize themselves).

Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ UK
For Teddy, the way it uses a right-click is different to others where it pops up a context sensitive menu.

Therefore, it'd make sense to make Teddy support holding down (say) enter whilst dragging to be the same as right dragging.

For Java as a whole, making it act like GTK - long press == right-click, seems to be the way to ensure overall consistency.

Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
Originally Posted by aflegg View Post
For Teddy, the way it uses a right-click is different to others where it pops up a context sensitive menu.

Therefore, it'd make sense to make Teddy support holding down (say) enter whilst dragging to be the same as right dragging.

For Java as a whole, making it act like GTK - long press == right-click, seems to be the way to ensure overall consistency.
Ah, but how to distinguish, in the latter case, between left-drag (which is used for drawing) and right-drag (which is used for camera panning)?

Methinks enter-down is the best way to go. So, how to do this? Do I chant at it? Pay a Java programmer? What?

Originally Posted by anidel View Post
Sorry guys, hadn't time to post them anywhere yet.. busy at work.
I'll do it later...

Posts: 2 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Minsk, Belarus
Originally Posted by anidel View Post
Sorry guys, hadn't time to post them anywhere yet.. busy at work.
I'll do it later...
sorry, for disturbing - any update on this?

Posts: 41 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Helsinki
yeah, i'm also interested in java on n800
I'll be happy even if it will be j2me.

Posts: 1,107 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Germany
(Bump)

I don't understand why there's no java yet.

Posts: 1,743 | Thanked: 1,231 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Twickenham, UK
Woah! I remember I did post the links here in the forum.
Ehm...it's late here now in Italy, promise to look for them first thing tomorrow morning.
I promise.
But will them really be usefull today?
It's not the Sun VM.

Posts: 1,743 | Thanked: 1,231 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Twickenham, UK
Here it is the post where I did put the link.. don't remember why I created a new thread for it instead of posting it here.

http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...ead.php?t=6153

Please remember that these packages are just a re-packaging (to make it work on the Nokia N800 tablet) of a version compiled by aflegg (Andrew) or alexandyr (can't remember, and may be the nicknames are wrong too) for the Nokia 770.
They are provided AS IS, I take no responsibility. And I provide no support at all.

Just to be sure
This on-line world has very few rules, today.

Last edited by anidel; 2007-10-23 at 07:53.

Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ UK
Aleksandyr's done most on this, AFAIK; so they're almost certainly repackages of his work.