I've noticed this as well, I simply run a killall hildon-home and it tends to go away for a while.

Posts: 609 | Thanked: 243 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Eastern USA
How long do you mean by "a while"?

I encounter the problem once every few weeks. Not common enough to warrant as an annoyance for me.
Also, pin yourself in the map! Maemo Map. Send me a PM (Private Message) if I leave you hanging on a problem (or if you need more help).
Owner of both a N800 and N900; Active community member since Jan 2010. You've been xommified! - My blog.

Posts: 52 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ West Yorks
Hmm. I've just noticed that some things are taking a while to respond (or don't respond at all - reboot required), and also that an inbound phone call doesn't wake up the screen when the keyboard is closed, only when opened.

Sometimes.

Have recently installed DCEW, only 3 scripts, Personal Dataplan monitor, FM transmitter boost and bluezwitch. Had no problems before these. may or may not be related.

When I get some time I will uninstall these, leave it, and the reinstall one at a time.

Time. There's something I wish I had more of.

Posts: 455 | Thanked: 278 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Oregon, USA
"a while" for me means at least a few times every day. Sometimes it is when I try and tap 'play' in the media player, sometimes trying to tap the small 'X' in the task manager, or links in MicroB. Using the stylus makes no difference, eventually (after a minute or two) the 'clicks' register and end up launching/disabling/closing whatever happens to be under it

The Following User Says Thank You to craftyguy For This Useful Post:
By now I think it's safe to say that DCEW is part of the problem. Now to find out what part of DCEW is the problem. *groan*

Will be experimenting, help would be appreciated (PM me).
Also, pin yourself in the map! Maemo Map. Send me a PM (Private Message) if I leave you hanging on a problem (or if you need more help).
Owner of both a N800 and N900; Active community member since Jan 2010. You've been xommified! - My blog.

Posts: 73 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Midlands UK
I also notice this problem when tapping shortcuts and webpage links.Unfortunatly when i got my 900 i installed just about everything i could lol (noob) so figuring out whats causing the problem would be almost impossible.So i figure i should watrch this thread for a trend.

Originally Posted by stigslim View Post
I also notice this problem when tapping shortcuts and webpage links.Unfortunatly when i got my 900 i installed just about everything i could lol (noob) so figuring out whats causing the problem would be almost impossible.So i figure i should watrch this thread for a trend.
So far, the trend is pointing towards Desktop Command Execution Widget. I've only installed it when it first came to maemo-extras.

Posts: 455 | Thanked: 278 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Oregon, USA
It's worth noting that I do not (and have never had) Desktop Command Execution Widget installed, and I'm still experiencing this issue.

The Following User Says Thank You to craftyguy For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by craftyguy View Post
"a while" for me means at least a few times every day. Sometimes it is when I try and tap 'play' in the media player
This is my second biggest grip with the phone. This only seems to happen with the media player for me? Probably happens every other day or so. I press play and nothing happens, although if I click skip to next track or next station it will. However if you try and press play again it does not work. The only way I found to get around it was to open up the media player, start playing the music. Shut it down and then go back to the widget and press play. This seems to bring it back to life

On a similar note the most annoying gripe I have is an issue with bookmarks. I click on say meamo link from my desktop and in most cases it works. However recently the links seem to be very intermittent as to whether they work. The status (blue bar not main one) just goes back and forth. The URL is http://maemo.org/ but if I tap in the URL and put http://www.maemo.org the browser seems to come to life drop the wwww and then connect fine to http://maemo.org/. This is the same for sites like google and any other bookmarked link. I have noticed I constantly have to put a www just to wake it up.

Do you think this would be a similar problem or needs a thread of its own if it’s a totally separate issue

EDIT:

Originally Posted by craftyguy View Post
It's worth noting that I do not (and have never had) Desktop Command Execution Widget installed, and I'm still experiencing this issue.

Same as i have never had this widget

The Following User Says Thank You to Neegs For This Useful Post:
In the past when I've had this, flicking the lock switch to switch the screen off and on seems to cure it