Active Topics

Got a similar one from an ebay seller. I agree that it is somewhat flappy as well. But it is slim enough for me to put the n900 in my jean pocket with this skin; so I think it is ok. I wish it comes in different color(only grey was available when I got mine).

Posts: 999 | Thanked: 1,117 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ earth?
I am using this case for my n900.

It's not strictly silicon more of a "gel" like substance. This means it is not as soft or as elastic as silicon so it seems to be a much better fit. It feels stiffer than silicon.

When it arrived it was ever so slightly deformed - after approx 12 hours it seemed to relax a bit and fitted perfectly.

I found it by searching "n900 case gel".

I'm very happy with it.
BTW: I had to cut out the insert for the screen apart from that it was fine.

Posts: 58 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Snowierasha
Well, I ended up haing two cases for the n900.
The first one I got was a black plastic one, with "rubberish" finish. It turned out to be rubbish, since it sticks not so well and cracks very, very easily. Good looks, but not recomended

The other one is the silicone one similar to the first post, but without IR button pressing.
The skin offers solid protection with few drawbacks:
- the rubber friction makes pulling n900 out of jeans pocket a nightmare
- it seriously adds bulk compared to plastic one
- in my item, the holes are too slim to fit in bulky microusb cables. I don't even know why they called it miCro - it's even thicker than miNi usb cables i have. Don't know what to do about it yet, since the above mentioned railings are obstacles for a deeper cut.

Posts: 311 | Thanked: 180 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London
@bitcrusher, I got the same case through ebay, but after testing it for 2min it was evident that it was too flappy to be useful, so I contacted the seller who sent me a solid clear plastic case which now fits perfectly without ANY flapping at all.

I cannot recommend the flappy black case. It doesn't fit the device properly, and therefore I believe it won't help much if the phone is dropped. (Besides, it looks simply terrible) Stay well clear, waste of money and time. Wrapping your n900 in a black plastic bag will get you the same look/protection.

well I was foolish enough to think the hard plastic cases would offer any protection. so I've been thinking about getting one of these gel/rubber/or silicone type cases. I certainly don't want one of the "flappy" kinds though. I found this one from this seller: http://cgi.ebay.com/UK-BRAND-NEW-CLE...item5d29a95799
So, Haus3r, is this by any chance the same seller you found your clear case from--if not, do you know your seller's id/name? (I just don't want to order something from overseas, anxiously wait 2 wks., and only to find it does not work/fit like it should.) Thanks for any advice,