Posts: 43 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Romania
Originally Posted by ammadtira View Post
How u lose multi tasking?? And Why u cannot install 3rd party software and copy n paste??? I think all these are there in Windows Phone
Dude, Google before you post. WP7 can't multitask, can't copy/paste, and you cannot install apps from 3rd parties yet.
And why would you install something with missing functionality for smartphones on an almost-complete tablet?

Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
Any wise man here who can help me??
there is no possibility to run Windows Phone Series 7 on your N900. Forget it.
Wise and clear enough?

Posts: 221 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Germany
Couldnt understand.. Please clerify....
MS is very strict regarding the hardware specs - the three hardware buttons they want to see on every Phone 7 device are "Start - Search - Back" plus a dedicated "camera button".

Read more here: http://www.slashgear.com/microsoft-u...msung-1577716/

Cheers,
HugoSon

Last edited by HugoSon; 2010-03-29 at 13:03. Reason: typo

Posts: 670 | Thanked: 747 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Kansas City, Missouri, USA
One of the BEST things about the N900 is that you CAN'T install WinMo 7.
Registered Linux user #266531.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Crashdamage For This Useful Post:
Thanks alot for info sir...

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
Thanks alot for info sir...
Amma, dont take the comments personally - you just happen to be asking to install a closed system on an open phone so to speak

Allthough you can get windows 95/98 etc working on the device, they are not really usable.... Win7 is a different beast, and apart from it really not being at all usable even if someone could miraculously figure out how to port it, the phone itself is just not designed to run the micro-software. (And doesnt have the three h/w buttons)
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

The Following User Says Thank You to noobmonkey For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
Can I run my microwave oven's OS on my Dell Precision?
________
California dispensaries

Last edited by qwazix; 2011-08-21 at 10:31.

The Following User Says Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post:
If you are interested in a technical answer...

Well it depends really.

If Winmo7 mobile supports the same version of OMAP as the N900 has it could function in some sort of alternative boot environment, if that is even possible on the n900, with some minor tweaking...that's quite a big if though.

In short you can dream about it but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Posts: 51 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Dubai
fwiw, they got it to run on the hd2 if anyone hasnt seen that article yet

Technically, a clever someone with too much time on his hands who is unable to leave a challenge alone, can probably make it possible through virtualization... If he could get his hands on Windows Phone 7. Lots of stuff have been run using virtualization, like Windows 95 and Android.

Experience suggests that would only happen quite some time from now, and only as a proof of concept that would not run very well beyond the fact that it run at all.

In practice, since this sort of OS frontier people no longer feel that Maemo is the future (while MeeGo is), it just will not happen at all.

Tags
b s o d, douchebaggery, windoze, wrong forum