Notices

Ah thanks for the reply No!No!No!Yes!

I have in the meanwhile installed the Hardsleep beecon (your tutorials do make it as painless as possible ) and look forward to seeing how it affects my battery life...after which I'll be leaving feedback on the garage page.

The Following User Says Thank You to SallyJane For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,427 | Thanked: 2,077 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Sydney
Would you be willing to create a wiki page for QBW and include all these scripts / posts in it so we can track all the nice stuff we can do with QBW?

Originally Posted by jakiman View Post
Would you be willing to create a wiki page for QBW and include all these scripts / posts in it so we can track all the nice stuff we can do with QBW?
Wiki page is on the go ... see here:
http://wiki.maemo.org/Queen_BeeCon_Widget

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to No!No!No!Yes! For This Useful Post:
Hmmm, Hard sleep is working a treat.

However I have a problem with the icon.

I have copied it into the Images/queen_beecon-dir (it is the only image appearing there) and it is labelled 'hardsleep' (I have also tried to relabel it 'hardsleep.png' using the N900 File Manager - with no effect).

The beecon snippet on the desktop shows a small grey icon labelled 'no image available'

When I right click on the image using the built-in File Explorer,it shows that the image type is JPEG (rather than png). There is no way on the device to change this (I do not have, and would prefer not to fiddle with, Midnight Commander).

Is the image type (JPEG) the problem ?

Have downloaded, saved and copied the image over using my mac, and have the same issue. Do I need to use a PC and the Nokia PC suite ?

Haven't put this up as a possbile bug as I'm sure it's my own stupidity at work here...

Last edited by SallyJane; 2010-04-18 at 06:39.

Originally Posted by No!No!No!Yes! View Post
Create a beecon which issues this command:

Code:
run-standalone.sh dbus-send --system --type=method_call --dest=com.nokia.phone.net /com/nokia/phone/net Phone.Net.set_selected_radio_access_technology byte:2
or this command for Dual:

Code:
run-standalone.sh dbus-send --system --type=method_call --dest=com.nokia.phone.net /com/nokia/phone/net Phone.Net.set_selected_radio_access_technology byte:0
Can't get this beecon to work.

I get to the point of clicking Import Beecon/Snippet from Buffer -> Clicking Yes to the Warning popup that follows, then nothing further happens, and the Advanced Settings screen just sits there.

I have checked that the code copied (the second line of code above) has been copy and pasted correctly.

Originally Posted by SallyJane View Post
Hmmm, Hard sleep is working a treat.
I have copied it into the Images/queen_beecon-dir (it is the only image appearing there)
directory name is queen_beecon_dir

also make sure that name of image in Beecon settings matches filename you used.

Last edited by No!No!No!Yes!; 2010-04-18 at 08:23.

Originally Posted by SallyJane View Post
Can't get this beecon to work.

I get to the point of clicking Import Beecon/Snippet from Buffer -> Clicking Yes to the Warning popup that follows, then nothing further happens, and the Advanced Settings screen just sits there.

I have checked that the code copied (the second line of code above) has been copy and pasted correctly.

No need for Import Buffer here...
Just open Beecon settings, click on Add Cmd button, give label and paste command there.
Save and use the newly created command.

The Following User Says Thank You to No!No!No!Yes! For This Useful Post:
Thanks.

The beecon to re-enable 3G has been set up.

However it seems to conflict with HardSleep in the following way :

Switch 3G on using the beecon (2nd code snippet above)

Click hardsleep - according to screen activity it functions as it should.

Activate screen again using unlock switch.

3G is still enabled according to 2G/3G status applet.

Can anyone confirm this ?

*unless* I have misunderstood and the 3G beecon 'runs all the time' rather than only when pressed.

Last edited by SallyJane; 2010-04-18 at 10:41.

This would be even more useful if we could set it to automatically activate say between 12pm and 8am

Originally Posted by kylepsp View Post
This would be even more useful if we could set it to automatically activate say between 12pm and 8am
Set beecon to run on timer (say every 15/30 mins) and handle time and status toggle programmatically inside the script.