Posts: 889 | Thanked: 537 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ scotland
the ad actually says "voice guided navigation" which we dont have, and i doubt nokia official press department would be foolish enough to make that mistake or so blatantly reveal an imminent update. looks retailer made. sadly.

its a sad day when i can't slip at least one hitchhiker reference in somewhere.

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
marketing is marketing and wrong by definition. i remember having seen n900 ads telling me about mms and video calls...

Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
And 1 GiB of RAM, and more than 16bpp colors on the screen, and...

Posts: 296 | Thanked: 126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ New York City
Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
marketing is marketing and wrong by definition. i remember having seen n900 ads telling me about mms and video calls...
There was definitely a lot of talk (including here, despite how adamantly people will now state that it was never going to be implemented) about MMS being provided in a future update, along with limited portrait support. Let's not get into that whole debacle again, lol.

Anyways I emailed Nokia to get some info about this ad. Hopefully I'll get an response from a person.

The Following User Says Thank You to sadfist For This Useful Post:
Posts: 296 | Thanked: 126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ New York City
Got a pretty canned answer:

Thank you for e-mailing the Nokia Care Contact Center.

In response to your inquiry, the best option to check if it is a genuine Nokia advertisement is by checking it with our website at www.nokiausa.com. As of now the Ovi maps 3.03 is not available yet with N900. For the official announcement of its availability with N900, keep posted by visiting our website.

If you have any additional questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us again. To ensure proper handling of your case, kindly continue using the current subject line.

Thank you very much for your email.