Active Topics

Posts: 1,751 | Thanked: 844 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sweden
I only reflash if i have screwed with something i shouldnt. I have also done this with the n900 to understand the piece better. I would have reflashed more if the /home/ partition was on it's own but now when it's on the same as the root system. I do it more seldom.

I use ssh and a script to put back my apps and settings. So not too much manual handling.

Posts: 670 | Thanked: 747 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Kansas City, Missouri, USA
Have not reflashed after 5 months of heavy use. Runs totally stable and just as fast as out of the box. Maemo is real linux, so this is exactly what I expected. I don't expect to ever need to reflash as long as I run Maemo 5 on the device.

However, since I depend on my N900 as both my only phone (no land line) and for heavy business use, I've been very careful and conservative about what I install and what mods I do.
Registered Linux user #266531.

The Following User Says Thank You to Crashdamage For This Useful Post:
i do the same thing. flashed to an oc kernel waiting on pr 1.2.

Originally Posted by joshv06 View Post
Yeah that's the same thin I'm doing, I've actually haven't installed any new apps since I reflashed to a custom OD'd kernel and started fresh. Still waiting for PR1.2.
i do the same thing. flashed to an oc kernel waiting on pr 1.2.

I will flash it when pr1.2 is out.