Originally Posted by torres76 View Post
Yes it is and file transfer. but the nokia wouldnt work.
My worked. Settings > Cennectivity >Transfer & Sync

Posts: 1,751 | Thanked: 844 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sweden
Acctually.. i have not noticed to much threads about missing apps. Just general requests of more apps.. not what app they need. I for instance don't miss so much apps for the n900. What is the point of having 1000 apps that all genrally do the same thing?

all phones have problems and bugs..

I guess your camera is not so good on that one?

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
People value different things on their devices. You (the OP) obviously value having lots of applications that do lots of cool things for you. That's nice, but I value carrying around a small computer that allows me to do most things I could do if I had a computer with me.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
Posts: 170 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ reading, uk
Originally Posted by AlMehdi View Post
Acctually.. i have not noticed to much threads about missing apps. Just general requests of more apps.. not what app they need. I for instance don't miss so much apps for the n900. What is the point of having 1000 apps that all genrally do the same thing?

all phones have problems and bugs..

I guess your camera is not so good on that one?
it is as good as the n900's camera and video is HD

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Well i heard N900 is more of a like pc with linux. Id rather have a mini pc than just a mobile phone imo N900 all the way. Loving it mate.

Good enough for me, not good enough for you. Fair enough

Posts: 1,148 | Thanked: 613 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Toronto
Originally Posted by nosa101 View Post
My worked. Settings > Cennectivity >Transfer & Sync
Mine worked as well I've successfully transferred contacts and notes from N95 8Gb to N900 , the only thing that i did is I merged contacts with Skype

Oh and one thing that I dont like about Android/Googloid is the fact that they are too dependent on Google services. I only use Maps, Youtube ,Gmail and search (duh!) from Google i dont want to get buzz, picasa or google docs or whatever. You might call me paranoid but I don't want to give too much info about myself to a company and use their services for everything I do

"I'm a N900 user, can I haz Flash 10 plz?!11!?" © Jaffa

Elopocalypse started on 11.02.2011

Posts: 1,427 | Thanked: 2,077 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Sydney
Lol ok everyone. its funny how nearly every thread on here is either asking for apps to be made or problems to be solved, so yeah you stick with your perfect n900. Do you know how long it would take to search the web for something to do in your area or outside let alone if you had a poor signal, i think it is a case of having your eyes wide shut.
Is that so important to you? Not for me. Unless I got stranded off in some island, I never felt a need for such app that you mention and probably never will as I got plenty to do already. So that app is totally useless to me. You got your eyes wide shut if that is your argument for your Android phone being better than the N900. Tell me when it can at least play common video codecs flawlessly, eg. xvid/ac3, like the N900. Then I may get more interested.

Currently, I know for a fact that my N900 is better than any Android phone out there "for me". Not just fan-boyism here. If I find something much better with the stuff I find important, then I'll switch regardless of brand. So until then, N900 it is.

But I'm glad you found a phone better "for you". Just don't think you can convince many here that Android is better.

Posts: 258 | Thanked: 138 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ St. Louis, MO, USA
Hopefully soon we'll have the ability to dual boot and use Android while Maemo/Meego continues to be ironed out at its pace.

The Following User Says Thank You to twoboxen For This Useful Post:
My two cents here. I will establish the premise here. N900 was my first Nokia phone, I bought it in Jan or Feb as soon as it came out in U.S. Overall it was a positive experience. But I sold it about a month back. And I bought a Google Nexus one. Initially I hated N1, because in everything it seemed a step back from N900 (which I still think is the ONLY 'true' next generation phone). But after a month's use, I have come to terms is N1 is not that bad either. Here is my comparison summary.

1) Form factor - I loved the physical keyboard on N900 but I never liked the thickness of the device. This is a definite plus with N1 (or other HTC android phones)

2) 3G bands - N900 was not available for ATT's 3G frequency. Being on ATT plan, I was forced to use it with edge speeds. With N1, I got the choice of picking up the 3G frequency compatibility. A plus for N1.

3) Multi-tasking - And to me multi tasking is the single most important thing in the whole GUI experience. So I will consider this point as a GUI comparison as well. N1 falls way behind. N900 has a great multi-tasking implementation. I truly hated N1 during initial 2 weeks because I could not get over the fact that I can not 'really' see all my open applications. Yes, it gives you an 'icon' view of the recent apps, but it is not the same thing. A big plus for N900.

4) Mic - This is a very strange issue that I found with N1. As you know, N1 has a noise cancellation mic at the back. And folks, it works great in bars and such places, when you are holding the phone in the usual position. But any other position, and that extra mic makes it worse. For example, I always have the phone connected as auxilary input in the car. With N900, my phone used to just lie in the cup holder and if a call came, my voice was very clearly transmitted without turning on the speakerphone or anything. It was a perfect setup because I could listen to songs all the time, and when a call came I could just talk without raising the phone to my ears. This setup does not work at all with N1. I think because of its back mic. The other person can never hear me unless I pick up the phone and talk in the regular pose.

5) Browsing - This has been equal for me. May be i dont goto flash heavy sites that much.

6) Video out - I was shocked to find out that N1 does not have any kind of video out. I had grown very accustomed to carrying my movies and tv series on the N900. As I travel every week, I would just plug it in the Hotel TV and voila...All that is not possible with N1. Big minus.

7) Screen capacitive vs resistive. Frankly - I did not find N900's responsiveness to be too bad. Yeah, N1's is better but it is not much of a difference maker for me.

8) Apps - N1 definitely a plus here.

9) Front cam - I used to use N900's front cam in Google's gtalk for video chat. Amazing feature, which obviously is not there in N1.

10) battery life - I think N1's battery life is better than N900 although I haven't made any scientific comparison. One other thing that I like is that in N1, you have a preinstalled widget that shows you the battery use broken down by different apps, screen, etc. That is pretty neat, better that the battery graph on N900.

My overall impression was a bit of a shock of how incapable Android is. As I said, may be I was spoilt by N900 and maemo. But I had very high hopes from 'Android does'. Honestly, it just felt it is souped up version of my first iPhone way back when... there is not even one single innovative feature on Android.

I have to keep this N1 until July for some reasons. I am not sure what I am gonna get next.

cheers

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dexmus For This Useful Post:
Lol ok everyone. its funny how nearly every thread on here is either asking for apps to be made or problems to be solved, so yeah you stick with your perfect n900.
Do you know how long it would take to search the web for something to do in your area or outside let alone if you had a poor signal, i think it is a case of having your eyes wide shut.
What does "Android" have to do with "having a better signal" or "not being able to find events"? I just use location based Google Maps search, on the 900, to find anything "if" I need it.

The "one" thing I may be getting an Android phone for, to use "in conjunction" with my 900, is sling mobile. The fact that I can use Skype on 3G, where Android on Verizon can not, is enough to put
maemo on top of Android. Let alone the easier to setup SIP clients.

Last edited by colnago; 2010-05-03 at 18:39.