n97, installed some apps from ovi store and when i turned the phone on it wouldnt boot, continued trying for an hour booted and realised it was java app issue, uninstalled most of the boring apps.

Posts: 352 | Thanked: 231 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Vancouver
my n810 as my crapiest phone ever! flowed by my experience with an Ericson cant remember the model.

Posts: 44 | Thanked: 186 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Worthing, West Sussex, England
Samsung Omnia. Good hardware. Very much let down by software.

It had many problems including having to wait many seconds before responding to simple things like answering the phone but the worst problem was that a process on the phone was causing battery drain resulting in the battery being flat after a few hours on occasions.

Apparently the problem had been fixed by Samsung but although I got the phone just after it was brought out, support for the phone was dropped by my network almost immediately meaning I got no "official" firmware updates. I ended up having to put a cooked ROM on it which fixed the battery issue but had many other serious bugs.

Glad to see the back of that one!

Motorola Razor

Worst:
N900, SE X10, iMate Ultimate 95XX
(All examples of premature market release with lots of bugs and missing features)

Best phones (stil have and use them)
E90, E71, iPhone 3GS

I think the Internet has killed good phone development. Before people could upgrade firmware from home - Manufactures HAD to deliver quite high quality from that beginning - or they did not sell a lot. Who wanted to trek to a service centre to get the bugs fixed?

Now the big guys just release crap software - and then says "well lets just put it out there - and fix the bugs later - people can upgrade via Internet...) But then hardware is refreshed and renewed - and focus changes to the newer model.

Welcome to the engineers world of dreams. The land where you do not need to finish anything - and the world is in a constant beta test stage.

:-(

Posts: 1,210 | Thanked: 597 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ hamburg,germany
Originally Posted by andrewfblack View Post
Moved to off topic. Do you guys even read the Section descriptions?

BTW compared to todays phones StarTAC Wearable Phone, compared to phones when I first got it this one rocked.
sry i think brainstorming was right.........

2001?!?!?! I think I had an old erricson sh888? that could send sms's and that must have been around 2000... maybe 2001. I will look for the motorola, I just remember that typing an sms was a ball ache even worse drunk cuz u would end up repeating ur message as u had no idea what was written before! hehehe the clock issue was reall annoying too! I wasted so much credit sms'n myself!

Last edited by Spotfist; 2010-05-05 at 19:37.

Posts: 1,169 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ sunderland
easy, N97 FW1.0
would turn itself off everytime i really needed to use it!

Sony Ericson T68i was rubbish, after all that hype too!!!

the very first MOTO RAZR V3 . That's when I stop using MOTO phones! I breaks down when nothing happens to it. No drops, no misuse, nothing! and one day it stop working lol