none... Nokia sucks

It's a shame that N8 is running on a symbian platform. To be honest, I was quite fond of its design, it looks so awesome and trendy. If N8 was at least on MeeGo, then I would definitely cash that straight.

Last edited by Duff; 2010-05-23 at 17:40.

I'll keep my n900 for sure for long time, it has all I need and satisfies quite well my gnu/linux on the phone love.

I think I'll skip the first meego device as I do not think it will be a major hardware upgrade, and will buy fore sure the second, but *only* if Nokia will *not* tempt me with closed branded components that offers advanced thinghs (voice recognition, voice assisted navigation, and so on) *without* backport them (or the meego version supporting them) on older devices, becouse that will mean that after some months the second meego device will die.

(well this is the worst scenario! really I'm thinking that Nokia, with meego, is going to change its way of manage the highend line, transforming them in a platform as other competitors do, so I'm quite optimistic, becouse doing the opposite will leave its devices as a excellent gifts but with no attraction for developers and partners, in that case I'll not have a problem to discute).

About the N8, I have a *real* interest in creating a small company with some my friends linux/qt enthusiastic, to develop payed qt apps for the ovi store (that explains better the previous point, backports mean more buyers), if that will become a reality for sure I'll buy a couple of devices to test apps

Niko

Posts: 87 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Germany
N900 simple. You can't really compare N8 and N900. I think that people who bought this Maemo device because of the features won't even consider the N8 as a possible successor. Just compare the hardware, it starts of with a missing hardware keyboard - a no-go for me. The OS is a different one, I am pretty sure the new symbian version offers much less than maemo 5.

I'll consider a new device once Nokia announces a real successor to the N900.

The Following User Says Thank You to Taigatrommel For This Useful Post:
If the N8 had more cpu and memory, then it may be more compelling for me, especially with the 12MP and xenon flash. The [AM]OLED display is really, really nice with vibrant colors -- maybe it's because of the homescreen background they chose. *shrug*

But even still, Maemo 5 > Symbian^3 as an OS.

- mp

Posts: 67 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Los Angeles
N8, easy. 850 3G and xenon flash

Posts: 417 | Thanked: 182 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ At your mom's house, with my feet up!
im going to get the n8 and keep the n900 too....

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Simple equation.... N900 = DON'T WORK
N8 = WILL WORK !!!

So optimistprime has got it right get the N8 that will work and play with the N900 untill that works LOL.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I'd say wait for more reviews.

Posts: 1,148 | Thanked: 613 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Toronto
N8 is a dead meat since only few devices will feature that OS , Symbian ^4 will be the last one not ^3 . Maybe Qt apps will work but that's about it... besides its not the flagship because it starts with 8
Nseries 9x are the most advanced devices 8 seriesare considered camera-phones

"I'm a N900 user, can I haz Flash 10 plz?!11!?" © Jaffa

Elopocalypse started on 11.02.2011

Tags
clueless, delusion, funny farm, home of, therapy