Posts: 12 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ Houston
@optimistprime
it may have said it was a surprise phone on the website, but I ordered by phone and noone made that clear to me.

@ysss

I already asked for the recording to be checked. The person I asked said all I could do was get that person into trouble (and i have a suspicion it was the same person I was talking to, i remembered the accent and tone so maybe he was trying to avoid me reporting him). He said either way MY situation would probably not change, Nokia would probably not exchange the phone.

Anyway, tired of trying I decided to drop the case and order another n900 in its original price, online this time. I entered my credit card info and said:
"the credit card information you entered was wrong, contact your bank" (something along these lines).

Thinking I entered the wrong number I repeated the same thing two more times, until I decided to call them. They said there was a certain number of phones I can order in a month(had already ordered 2), but instead of saying that on the website, it said the above, I am still wondering why...

So get this: I go online to my bank and I was charged $1335 (3x$445)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, even though the website did not let me finalize the order and gave me the above error.

I was charged huge overdraft fees by the bank and i am still waiting for Nokia to remove the charges(I'll still pay for the fees though).

And again, when I asked to talk to a supervisor noone would let me.

Best customer service experience ever.
Way to go, Nokia.

Last edited by colder; 2010-07-03 at 20:06.

The Following User Says Thank You to colder For This Useful Post:
Posts: 417 | Thanked: 182 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ At your mom's house, with my feet up!
yes, that sounds like a crappy deal. was it by credit card? a quick call to dipute that sounds like a good idea. especially if as you say you never got to complete the order. a call to nokia should show that especially if no confirmation number was generated.

Posts: 193 | Thanked: 92 times | Joined on May 2010 @ galveston, tx
Another scam they pulled off was the earthday 50 bucks promo, for trading in a old handset and sending an invoice for a new N900.

Never received the 50 extra bucks they promised, on the purchase of the new Nokia N900, even though I sent in the invoice of a N900 purchased from Dell and met all the terms and conditions for the same.

They are now pulling off outright scams. Signs of desperation IMHO.

No, I was stupid enough to use my debit instead of the credit, that's why I got charged the OD fees. But yeah, I'll get my money back....

Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
Originally Posted by colder View Post
And again, when I asked to talk to a supervisor noone would let me.
This is one of the most shocking bits of this story.

The Following User Says Thank You to pelago For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Nokia's incredible customer care shines through once again? :P

Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
Originally Posted by colder View Post
The person kept saying "it is a surprise phone" and I kept saying that noone explained me what kind of surprise
If you were expecting an N900, you either get an N900 (no surprise) or something else (bad surprise).

With a flagship (specs) and special niche phone, there is no good surprise.

Come to think of it, if I order a coffee and they bring me a box saying "surprise" it's bound to be a bad surprise, right? Whatever is in there, it's not what I wanted. (no, they don't fill boxes with money).

Anyway, the offer is no longer there. Offloading unsold -er- i mean, gifting you with a phone of your choice, ei? Nice touch.

Nokia, connecting people who aren't us.

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

The Following User Says Thank You to ndi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
just call your bank and say that the charges are false and you haven't even ordered anything. I had similar issue with angry birds levelpack: 11x about half of the packs price...

and I bet you are on a winning side if you claim those charges taken from you back from nokia.
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ossipena For This Useful Post:
yeah, I did. I just have to wait until the charges jump from pending status into final and then start a dispute if the charges are not removed...