Active Topics

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Do not post or link to software you do not have legal right to distribute.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
And people wondered why chemist and I were editing and closing Ovi beta threads...

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
And people wondered why chemist and I were editing and closing Ovi beta threads...
IMHO, until you and the other mods make a definitive statement about not allowing links to bootleg, illegally obtained, or NDA and other protected software; you are going to have to keep editing a lot of threads and some members will still be "wondering".

I applaud Sig's efforts in this thread and yours in others but you can not be every where all the time. Without an explicit statement some people will never get it and helpful members may be reluctant to report such posts for fear of being wrong about what is and isn't "allowed".

Worse yet, there will be some that will disregard even explicit instructions because they have a different agenda. Without these instructions you can not accurately distinguish the...

(plural)

from members who didn't know any better.

SLN member # 009

Last edited by YoDude; 2010-05-31 at 04:34.

Moderator Edit: *Quote censored*

I cannot say much but I'll say everything.

You, sir, are a genius

Last edited by xomm; 2010-06-04 at 19:44.

Moderator Edit: *Quote Censored*

How do I check which version of OVI I am using? I updated last week and I really do not see any improvements to write home about

Last edited by xomm; 2010-06-04 at 19:44.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by YoDude View Post
IMHO, until you and the other mods make a definitive statement about not allowing links to bootleg, illegally obtained, or NDA and other protected software; you are going to have to keep editing a lot of threads and some members will still be "wondering".
It isn't me and the other Mods. It will have to be Reggie. But even then, we shouldn't have to say a word. The EULA is very clear on this matter.

And once again people are discussing the beta, soooo... to be closed.

Thats because it is a beta for a 6 month old phone - too late.

Posts: 609 | Thanked: 243 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Eastern USA
Originally Posted by Ovi Beta Test Disclaimer
Please note that this Beta is for registered users only - information in this web page must not be published in other web sites, blogs etc.
That includes any and all information on new features. That's all I'm going to say.

Any posts that breach that statement will be censored.
Also, pin yourself in the map! Maemo Map. Send me a PM (Private Message) if I leave you hanging on a problem (or if you need more help).
Owner of both a N800 and N900; Active community member since Jan 2010. You've been xommified! - My blog.

Posts: 40 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
I download... liking so far... Seems that is stable version now
appears that the buggiest bug's are fixed.
I recommend to try...
The link is... Here

I'm Brazilian and worked for me, I have n900 my is imported because here it doesn't have started to sell...
When I test the map loader I'll post here...

Posts: 446 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Lake District, Cumbria, UK
i have just updated the ovi suite and downloaded the uk maps....immediatley after downloading the maps it said there were updated maps so it removed all what i downloaded and downloaded the new maps. whats that all about? anyone else find this?