Active Topics

Posts: 1,210 | Thanked: 597 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ hamburg,germany
i had watched a 2 gb big blu ray rip from 2012 on my n900 with the default media player and had no issues.it was very smooth.

Nobody likes us but we dont care....

Im on pr1.2, and I updated KMPlayer yesterday-if I use it by selecting mplayer, everything I have tried with it so far is the smoothest its ever been. If I choose osso or npp within KMPlayer, with some awkward files there is some really bad video stutter (perhaps due to a high bitrate or high resolution). The worst ive seen yet. To get around this I just use mplayer within KM instead-and its perfect.

SiB player still does not play videos as smoothly yet, its still perfectly watchable yet very slightly jerky on all video (if you look hard enough), which is odd if both programs use the same version of mplayer, in a test with the same avis? The really bad stutter with osso and npp on the worst video files, doesnt happen at all with SiB, its just plays them as normal. I only have one bad file that doesnt work well out of 10, but its not a major problem-at the moment ill be using KM in mplayer mode for perfect videos.

If KM is now able to run most files perfectly, im hoping this wont drain even more battery life as a result. My update for KMplayer only showed on my phone yesterday, but thats probably another issue with my phone not always showing the latest updates! Im sure I did not have the development catalogue switched on when i updated KM, but ive noticed if my phone plays up by not showing the latest updates to any programs, switching my catalogues off, then back on, sometimes does the trick. Im not sure what versions of mplayer or KM I now have, or how to find out, they are no doubt the latest-my SiB is still v0.0.5.

update - ive just tried some KMplayer/mplayer with some mp4s, playing great, although the slight hardly noticable missing frames/jumping is seemingly still present. I havent had an problems with any avi using KM with mplayer.

Last edited by extent; 2010-07-10 at 16:25.