scp or sftp support would be awesome. Something like fish:/ in konqueror or dolphin file manager (in kde).

Posts: 54 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Suriname
Is filebox optfied.
Nice application

Posts: 230 | Thanked: 185 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Sweden
Hi, I have translated it to Swedish, i havenīt tried to use it yet so iīm not sure how it will be in action. Do you want it? Maybe someone from Sweden want to take a look to.

Posts: 1,023 | Thanked: 4,421 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Argentina
@towhatend:
Did you made the qm file? Just put it in /opt/filebox/lang folder and the app should start in swedish. Or send me the file and I'll add it to the next release tomorrow.

The app now opens all files (thanks to qwerty12) and I've adedd Sort function. Now I'm looking for something that helps me to add scp.

The Following User Says Thank You to CepiPerez For This Useful Post:
Posts: 114 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ finland
won't install to my n900. appmanager says it's "unsuitable applicationpackage" not sure about the correct words in english because i have diffrent language on my phone.

Posts: 19 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Sevilla
not installed "is not application package"

Posts: 561 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Spain
Using xterm without problems when installing

dpkg-i filebox_0.1-1_armel.deb

Posts: 561 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Spain
Recommendation and request for this software.

To change the text displayed library. Example:. / MyDocs / .documents to Documents.

In "shared" accounts allow you to use Ovi, etc.

Can see the details of a file or folder.

Integrating compression / decompression of files / folders.

Able to choose which application opens a specific file type.

THANK YOU for this wonderful software.

Posts: 1,751 | Thanked: 844 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by CepiPerez View Post
Now I'm looking for something that helps me to add scp.
If you have OpenSSH installed FileBox would only need to pass the command through xterm/bash/ash. And the file would be sent to the folder on the host computer. (if you have chosen a preconfigured folder)

So if you make a note that OpenSSH needs to be installed for scp support. You would not need the dependecy and keep FileBox a bit slimmer for those who are not using scp. Though many of us do. Though i do not think the added support would make the install file a lot bigger.

A better way.. and preferred if you want to fetch a file. Is to have support for it in the "adress field". And with a auto-complete function or some sort of bookmark feature. Sometimes a scp string can get very long.

Last edited by AlMehdi; 2010-07-30 at 11:20.

Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
I haven't tried this yet, but it would be great if this could fix Bug 9599 (File Manager doesn't remember the scroll position in previously opened folders).