Notices

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
@SakkeMo
Hmm. Did you read first post?

"All in all I give it 4.0 out of 5. It is great for on the go gaming and very portable. "

Posts: 75 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Finland
i did but it is really worth of 15 $

if you have a 4.5 out of 5 brick its may not be worth of 15 $
More especially this is a one of kind device yet avaible, i belive, and people do want this product bad, so price could be even higher, afterall it is just a small piece of plastic.

15$ is a lot of money, least for me

Posts: 131 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Michigan
I don't mean to come across as rude SakkeMO but if you can't afford $15 on a $400+/- device like the N900 you have other issues.

Back on topic however this is nice to have for those short game sessions where you can't carry a Wii/PS3 controller around with you. I wouldn't recommend it for 2D fighters without modding the Game Gripper a little to fit more snug. There is slight sliding which can become annoying but it's still better than trying to use the keyboard itself.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bijiont For This Useful Post:
Posts: 75 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Finland
i can afford it okay, the question is do i want to, only one review doesnt get me started.

but i think i get one when i hear some more positive feedback

Edit: is this the final version or some prototype etc.?

Last edited by SakkeMO; 2010-08-07 at 09:36.

Posts: 131 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Michigan
Originally Posted by SakkeMO View Post
i can afford it okay, the question is do i want to, only one review doesnt get me started.

but i think i get one when i hear some more positive feedback

Edit: is this the final version or some prototype etc.?
This product is still very new so your going to be waiting a while for more reviews and honestly for a $15 peice of rubber it's nothing special. Great idea and I will give the creator props but still nothing mind bending.

I kind of hit this point above but it's $15 don't expect the same quality you would a actual controller. Take it for what it is which basically makes pressing the keys easier for games.

To my understanding this is a final product however I am sure the creator will change it depending on feedback. The charger hole is tight however that is easily fixed with a little modding of the game gripper. Just like any product it's not uncommon to see newer versions later down the line.

I am a little bit skeptical about this product as it uses the main N900 keyboard. The reason why I say this is I am not sure what the long term effects this may have on the keyboard - does it wear it down? Does it break the keys?

How much would it cost to replace the N900 keyboard?

Just my 2c..

About the comments of the gripper being loose: whould plugging in the USB charger and headphones serve to lock the thing in place better?

Originally Posted by bchliu View Post
I am a little bit skeptical about this product as it uses the main N900 keyboard. The reason why I say this is I am not sure what the long term effects this may have on the keyboard - does it wear it down? Does it break the keys?

How much would it cost to replace the N900 keyboard?

Just my 2c..
I thought about this, but durability of the keyboard on N900 have been great for me. I have owned the N900 since the first day it was available from anywhere and i use keyboard alot in a day and it haven't lost any bit of tactile feel so i think it will do ok.

Originally Posted by SakkeMO View Post
i did but it is really worth of 15 $

if you have a 4.5 out of 5 brick its may not be worth of 15 $
More especially this is a one of kind device yet avaible, i belive, and people do want this product bad, so price could be even higher, afterall it is just a small piece of plastic.

15$ is a lot of money, least for me
I agree.
Honestly, I don't want to diss gamegripper but 15$ for what's basically a piece of rubber with plastic buttons on it is a lot. I'd pay 20-25$ for an actual clip on gamepad that has USB host mode/bluetooth.
Like this thing http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.13760 which I've heard great things about.
I'd pay up to 30$ on something with an analog stick.

Originally Posted by nax3000 View Post
I agree.
Honestly, I don't want to diss gamegripper but 15$ for what's basically a piece of rubber with plastic buttons on it is a lot. I'd pay 20-25$ for an actual clip on gamepad that has USB host mode/bluetooth.
Like this thing http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.13760 which I've heard great things about.
I'd pay up to 30$ on something with an analog stick.
I have one of the MSI Bluetooth Gamepads that I originally bought for my N95. IMHO, for the N95, there are a lot of cons:
- It doesn't register multiple presses well, therefore it was only good for very simple gaming. Horrid for fighting games.
- The software is buggy and losing connection quit a bit
- Construction is pretty shotty (went through two of them quickly)
- The directional pad doesn't have any spring to it (held true after getting the first one replaced)

I found that using landscape pro to allow the N95 to be held with the directional pad on the left and the multimedia keys on the right and using magic keys to map the multimedia keys to other usable keys is a better option for hand held gaming on the N95. When not having to hold the N95 to game (as in if it's in a holder or connected to a TV), pairing it to a Wii controller is a better option than the gamepad. In fact, the only situation I've found where I appreciate the gamepad more is when I need more buttons (such as when playing the Desert Strike series).