Active Topics

Posts: 1,163 | Thanked: 1,873 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ The Netherlands
As I understood matans changes on hildon-desktop are incorparated into the cssu. How would one implement keyboard shortcuts without xbindkeys then? I would like to use the same "program" as the ctrl + shift + x and ctrl + shift + p implementations. Any guide for an how to?

Originally Posted by mr_pingu View Post
As I understood matans changes on hildon-desktop are incorparated into the cssu. How would one implement keyboard shortcuts without xbindkeys then? I would like to use the same "program" as the ctrl + shift + x and ctrl + shift + p implementations. Any guide for an how to?
You may be on to something there, as I understood it having the modified version installed messed up updating with CSSU, but this link does seem to indicate it is a part of it. ("Also all settings from Modified Hildon Desktop are avalable")

If so, there are instructions here for a gconf setting change to allow ctrl + shift + (another key) combination to be sent to dbus.

While that is nice, I think I'll stick with xbindkeys as I find ctrl + shift + whatever annoying to hit at the same time, whereas xbindkeys allows me to use just 1 modifier key and another key. Easier for me to do quickly.