Posts: 337 | Thanked: 283 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ NYC
Devices, devices, devices.

The Following User Says Thank You to Sopwith For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Sopwith View Post
Devices, devices, devices.
OEMS need to manufacture devices that people want and market them. Thens apps people want need to be able to run on these devices.

Developers, developers, developers, developers, developers!!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to railroadmaster For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by railroadmaster View Post
...Thens apps people want need to be able to run on these devices.
With Qt, that should be no problem.

One N900 does not a platform make...

The Following User Says Thank You to Sopwith For This Useful Post:
With Qt, that should be no problem.

One N900 does not a platform make...
Even with qt that might be a problem. Of course with any platform it needs to users for developers to make applications for a platform. Whether MeeGo has qt doesn't change that fact.

Last edited by railroadmaster; 2010-08-10 at 01:46.

Even with qt that might be a problem. Of course with any platform it needs to users for developers to make applications for a platform. Whether MeeGo has qt doesn't change that fact.
I'm not sure I'm getting your point. If it is that developers are important, then I agree. But I still feel that the bottleneck is availability of devices that run the OS.

I'm not sure I'm getting your point. If it is that developers are important, then I agree. But I still feel that the bottleneck is availability of devices that run the OS.
My point is no matter how many devices out there or how good qt is people need to actually own devices running MeeGo in order for developers to create applications.

The Following User Says Thank You to railroadmaster For This Useful Post:
...no matter how many devices out there ...

... people need to actually own devices running MeeGo...
If by "out there" you mean "in the hands of people", then the miscommunication problem is not on my end. If people need to own MeeGo devices then it does matter whether they do, and they can only own devices which are available. Or did you mean something else?

I am sorry, I don't mean to offend you, I am just puzzled. Maybe we should post slower

If by "out there" you mean "in the hands of people", then the miscommunication problem is not on my end. If people need to own MeeGo devices then it does matter whether they do, and they can only own devices which are available. Or did you mean something else?

I am sorry, I don't mean to offend you, I am just puzzled. Maybe we should post slower
I mean devices need to be in the hands of people for developers to create applications for MeeGo. You can put a bunch devices on the market but unless people buy it then it is meaningless for those devices to be on the market. Essentially MeeGo needs to have a good user base before we start seeing applications.

...Essentially MeeGo needs to have a good user base before we start seeing applications.
Gotcha

Well, I see no reason why this should not happen... The only reason people aren't buying MeeGo phones, tablets, you name it, is well, because no one is selling them yet

So we're back to

devices, Devices, DEVICES!